Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Sunday



We had an exciting Easter this year. Shad's parents, my parents and my sister Lindsay all came in to celebrate Ella's 4th birthday and Amaya's baby blessing. It was a whirlwind weekend, we love to see family, but I think we are equally excited to get our life back to normal.

Earlier in the week we had been experiencing 80 degree weather. Thursday night when Shad's parents came a cold front blew in, and our furnace broke. Our house never went above 63 in the day time and the tempurature outside was an even chillier 59. We all bundled ourselves in layers and blankets and couldn't wait to go out shopping somewhere to have heated buildings.

Ella had a very exciting birthday. She really shines in that kind of attention. She received her first pink bike, brand name Barbie. She begs to go for walks all day, and she tells me how fast she went when she gets back.

Shad gave a beautiful blessing to Amaya. We were unsure that we wanted to keep her name Amaya, but now I think it is official.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that you started a blog! What a cute family picture and I love that Amaya is wearing a pink bow with her blessing dress. So cute! You look GREAT Allison!

Mariam said...

Hello,
This looks so good. Well Done! I love the family pictures.
love you,
Mar

Emily said...

Yay! This is going to be so fun. Your pictures are adorable. I am so excited to be able to see what you guys are up to!

Chelsea said...

Wow, I can't believe I stumbled on to this site. Allison, it's me, Chelsea Porter (now Rowan). I recognized your name on Heidi's blog's links. It's fun to catch up with you, even if it's just via blogs. :) Feel free to come check ours out...the link it on Heidi's blog under "Chelsea & Matt Rowan" Your family is absolutely adorable!