Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm sorry if the truth hurts...



I am very sorry to tell you, if you didn't already know, but I am married to best guy.  So sorry to all my single friends that are still looking and sorry to all my married friends who thought they really had a great husband.  

Today was hard, I had a headache all day (see previous post)  and I have been drowning in mess at my home and cannot get my head above it all.  I don't know how some people do it, keep their home clean and kids happy.  They're both full time jobs by themselves and here we are the SAHMs doing both of them and more.

Well I was doing food all day for my friend's baby shower and I wanted to take my kids to a playdate at Sonic (no DC for me there I had a large ice water).  So cleaning was pushed to last place on the list.  Shad rushed home from work, I am sure he left some of it undone, so that I could go to the shower sight without kids.

The shower was fun, I was slow to leave because the house was clean and none of the babies there were mine, and I was able to understand the adult language better than my 17-month old and even my 5 year old.  I did eventually wander home.  The minute I walked into the door I could see the kitchen had been cleaned up, I walked into the living room and it was cleanest I have seen it since Jackie's baby shower 3 weeks ago.  I thanked Shad and told him how happy it made me that he did that for me.  Shad told me I need to thank Ella too because she did a lot of it.  He said that her motivation in being such a big help was that "it would make mommy happy".  Gulp, that is so sweet.  And it did I feel relieved that it is all done.  

Note to self:  If I had been gone longer I bet my bathroom would have been done too.

Update: Had two Diet Cokes since yesterday.  Improvement, but more is needed.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great treat to come home to! (Randy had vacuumed...and now he is out getting me a Slurpee, so I would fight you for the best husband award)

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

What a dream! Usually when I am gone Jeff just plays Wii with the kids until he has to put them to bed..
Good luck with the DC thing.. you are braver than me, I'm up to 4 cans a day eeeekkk...

Unknown said...

How sweet! Although....I would have to argue that Jared probably deserves the best husband award :)

Jessie said...

How nice! I think I might die of shock if that ever happened in my house! I will say though he is getting better with putting them to bed when I can't. I think there were even stories involved tonight!

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by and saying hello!

i love coming home to a clean(er) house when i come home. it happens rarely, but it happens! and that's what counts :)

Jackie said...

It's so great to have little surprises like that...and what a sweet girl Ella was to want to make you happy...I know you will conqure the diet coke!!! I hope you are having a better day today!!!

Susy said...

That really is the best...a night away and the treat of coming home to a clean house and happy kids.

P.S. The best of luck ditching the 12 oz. of happiness in a can!

Bringhursts said...

I love that one of your first thoughts was if you'd stayed longer, maybe the bathroom would be clean too . . . tell me why we didn't hang out? We have a lot of similarities as that would probably be my first thought.

Kade and Emily said...

wow, what a treat for you! You should go to baby showers more often! Just kidding. I'll be sure to let Kade read this post...Maybe some sibling rivalry will motivate him!! ;)