Monday, December 15, 2008

Date with Ella

Last Monday Ella and I went on a Mommy Daughter Date.  It was really nice and really needed.  Since Shad left over 2 1/2 months ago we haven't had any quality alone time just the two of us.  Shad had called home at lunch on Monday and I was at my whit's end with Amaya.  I told him I needed to get out just by myself or with just Ella.  He said okay and I should go with Ella to get pedicures.  I thought that was a great idea, I found a place nearby and made an appointment.  

It was a really nice place, but they had all the booths separated.  Normally I would like it that way, but I didn't want our quality time divided that way.  So Ella and I shared a tub basin.  They brought me a warm neck wrap which felt good for about 10 minutes and then I was starting to sweat under it so I gave it to Ella.  She loves those warm neck wraps, thanks to Grandma for that one.




Ella chose  purple that had a shimmer of rainbow in the light.  I went with red in honor of Christmas.

After the pedicures we went to Olive Garden for dinner.  I quizzed Ella about all her favorite things right now. 

Color: pink, purple, blue, red, and yellow.  I asked "yes, but which one is the best"  she just listed all of them again.

Food: spaghetti (after my own heart)

Game: "re-tack" with Daddy.  Basically the girls charge Shad and he throws them on the bed.

Thing to do: she pointed at her toes, I said "get pedicures?" she nodded.  Oh, no what have I started?

I kinda get choked at spending that much with nothing to show for it except colorful toes, but truthfully I would spend a lot more to get the feeling I got when it was just me and Ella and she had all my undivided attention.


Poor kid is sick right now.  Threw up all day yesterday and already some today.  This is a trend with Ella, she always gets sick when we travel somewhere new.  Hopefully it won't last long.

7 comments:

wyochatfields said...

It looks like you guys had a good time.

I hope Ella gets feeling better soon. We have had it go around our house also.

Jessie said...

What a fun idea, I would love to do something like that with Hadley! Maybe someday soon! Poor Ella hope she feels better! And hopefully the rest of you don't get it!

Unknown said...

How fun! I love the pic of you 2 together. What's going on with Amaya? Just being 2?! Sounds like Marley & Amaya are 2 peas in a pod. Don't get me wrong, Iove her to pieces but she is definitely independent and strong willed. :)

Meg said...

That sounds like so much fun! We got your card and I wanted to tell you what my very critical artsy husband said. I showed him and he goes "I really like that. What a creative idea." So it was a hit and Matt would have told me if it wasn't. Truely he has told people they have not cute babies :( Ohh to be that honest.

Roundy Clan said...

That is awesome that you guys got to spend the day together. I hope Ella feels better soon because we really wanted to see you this weekend! Also, how come you don't look pregnant to me in the picture of you and Ella? Whats up with that? :D

Rebecca said...

Lovin' those cute pigs. Look at 'em all you can now since in a couple months, you won't be able to! We miss you!!

Kade and Emily said...

Aw, cute toes! Someday when we have an income I hope to do that with Maryn.