Monday, April 6, 2009

Big Sisters

Today the girls were outside playing. When I looked out to check on them, Ella was pushing Amaya on the swing. That is one of Amaya's absolute favorite thing to do and she can't do it by herself. It warmed my heart to see such sister love. A week or so ago Ella was reading a book to Amaya on the couch, I caught that one in a picture.

I'm convinced everyone should have a big sister.  I love that I don't have to blow bubbles for Amaya to pop, she has Ella to do that making it a perfect world.  Ella loves to blow them and Amaya loves to pop them.  




I have a big sister, I should say older because I've got about 40 pounds on her.  And after the last couple of weeks, I feel blessed.  Mariam rearranged everything in her life to leave her life behind a week early because Dash came early.  --a special note of thanks to my parents for their part in getting her here earlier.

She got in about 4:00 am on Monday morning.  At 8:00 am she was doing my dishes and scrubbing my sink, moving to the microwave.  She did laundry and cleaned the fridge.  She entertained Amaya and distracted her from some of the tantrums she would start to throw.   Mariam vacuumed my floor boards, for crying out loud, and that's just some of what she did. This woman can work and it appears she enjoys it too.  

Shad said "Mackay better watch out he may not get her back".  It was definitely hard to send her home.  I enjoyed having her here.  My sisters are my best friends.  I don't feel at complete ease around anyone, aside from my own household, like I do with my sisters and mom.

Thank you for coming, Mar.  I really appreciate everything you did, I hope to have you visit again when we can play instead of watch me lay around while you work.

Lindsay is so lucky, she got 2 big sisters.

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin Marriott said...

How sweet of your sister to come out and help you, and CLEAN YOUR BASEBOARDS!! What a sweetheart. What would we do without our sisters? And I love how adorable Ella is with Amaya!

Kade and Emily said...

All my life I've had it in my head that every little girl needs a big brother. You know, for protecting, teasing, and making them laugh. After reading your post, it made me realize that I've taken it for granted that I have 3 older sisters...(and lots and lots of sisters in laws!)...I am a lucky girl!

Mariam said...

OK, OK! So I am glad that you liked having me there. You are far to generous in showing your Appreciation(is is nice though). For those reading the blog, Al sent me a new shirt and a subscription to 'Real Simple' magazine as Thank you gifts. So go clean her microwave and see what pop's up in your mail. I love you too, Al

McCallisters said...

I love having big sisters, too! I remember your sister Mariam. She is really, really, really nice.

I have to comment on your giving up chocolate: That is very brave and noble of you right before Easter, the holiday with the best candy of the entire year! I don't think I'd have the will power.

pinkfrostycookies said...

Mariam is amazing! You are both so blessed to have each other.

Megan said...

Sisters are the best. I'm very lucky to have mine!

Send me your email address so I can send you an invite.
meganbauer15@hotmail.com