Kade and Emily were very generous hosts. They took us across the street to the zoo for the first day. It was a perfect day to go, not too hot and a slight breeze. Plus there wasn't much of a crowd.
I have a picture of Ella standing in front of this gorilla stand when she was just 2. She was with a bunch of her friends from the old Crestwood ward. Now she's with her cousin Maryn, who is 3, and Amaya, who is just 2.
Our family loves the giraffes.
Next is a picture just to make a few of my friends long even more for soft grass. See most of North Carolina seems to have the centipede style of grass, it's not soft and not fun to run in barefooted. Kentucky's grass is the opposite, it's soft and lush.
Another day we went down to Waterfront Park to play at a splash-pad that turned out to not be running yet. We still had fun on the playground. I wish my current city of residence had more parks without sand. This one is entirely made up of that soft rubber mat stuff.
Amaya was swinging off the bar onto the slide, how come every kid figures this out, without someone teaching them?
Crazy Maryn on the merry-go-round.
Shad took this picture of Ella, it gives you an idea why we like this city. It's just a pretty placeto live. That bridge in the background is under a "remodel". They are making it a pedestrian bridge over the river to Indiana.
Kade was in charge of watching Dashle, while the rest of us were chasing kids through playground equipment. It looks like he had the hard job....
On Saturday while Shad was at his CE class, the rest of us went down town to cheer on Kade. He was running the mini-marathon.
I have to give it to all those who ran that day, it was bloomin' hot and that distance seems like such an accomplishment to me.
Good Job, Kade!
One of my favorite moments was going to Cincy with Emily to the Gap Clearance Outlet. We left all the girls with their dads and just brought Dash. He was great, he ate when we got there then went to sleep for the next 3 hours giving me the chance to concentrate on bargain hunting. I scored 4 pairs of Gap and Old Navy jeans for $35, and 6 Old Navy shirts for $1.99 a piece, and that's just some of what I spent there. I really would like to live a bit closer to that place.
It is Derby Season and the balloon race was postponed because of wind, so on Sunday morning when Shad and I were leaving to take him back to his class we saw the balloons flying over Kade and Em's house. It was so fun to watch them float by, I wish I had a better camera to have gotten a picture of about 20 or so of them heading into the sun.
Ahhh, we love Louisville, Ky. If you ever get a chance to go and visit do, and if you ever get a chance to live there jump at it. It's a great city.
Thank you Kade and Emily we had a great time seeing you.
9 comments:
It looked like you had a great time. And boy did it make me trunky. I know I got to visit just a little bit ago, but there is NOTHING like Kentucky in the spring when the grass is green and everything is blooming and the whole city is a buzz with Derby activities. :) I'm glad you had a good excuse to make the trip!
I am so jealous! We have so many great memories of our Kentucky days and friends! I can't wait for when we take the kids back to show them where they were born. We just may have to go around Derby time just so we can take in the sites! Oh and the Gap clearance outlet is a must on my list to visit!
How fun! (I'm trying not to be too green with jealousy.) Kentucky is fabulous in the spring, so happy you got the chance to visit! Thanks for reminding me with pictures what we enjoyed while we were there. =)
What a fun trip! I've never been to Kentucky, but I've only heard great things about it! I bet it was beautiful this time of year! Hope you're doing well! It looks like you have adjusted so well with Dash! Wish I could hold him! :)
Now I want a vacation. It looks so nice. I have never been to Louisville. But I love Kentucky! If you don't go back and live there, I would like to encourage you to stay where you are. Forever!
It looks like you guys had so much fun. Thanks for finding me on my blog- I am loving getting into blogging!!
Ummm, can I just copy and paste your post onto my blog? I'm afraid I forgot to take pictures.
We REALLY enjoyed having you! It was so fun. I'm glad you were willing to put up with us and our tiny house. It's awful quiet here, now.
I felt so homesick looking at all of those pictures. I just want to go back to that time and when all of our kids were young and motherhood was new and well, you get the picture. What fun that you got to go back and visit.
What a great little vacation! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. We really miss Louisville. I want to see pictures of your Gap bargains. I also miss that place and I haven't found an outlet that is near as good.
Post a Comment