Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My favorite Recipe

I love food, have I mentioned that? I love to read recipes, I love to try new things, I love to find the best way to make things, I like tips and shortcuts in the kitchen, I love chopping vegetables on a cutting board, I love to eat.

I have a collection of cook books and recipe magazines. I love to watch the Food Network.

My all time favorite recipe is my mother's Salsa recipe she uses for canning. It has good memories that comes with the aromas that fill my kitchen and sometimes the whole house.

Another reason Shad and I were meant for each other is he loves this recipe too. We eat it so fast we don't even bother canning it.




Recipe:
12 Lg tomatoes Peeled and cut into chunks
2 large onions chopped
2 bell peppers
1-4 jalepenos seeded and diced
2 Tbsp salt
1 cup vinegar
1/4 sugar
ground pepper to taste
Bring to a boil and let simmer 1 1/2 hours, stir every now and then.
Let cool, then put into containers for fridge or freezer,
Or you can be ambitious and can it in jars.
Devour with corn chips.

5 comments:

Meg said...

sweet i will be using this!!

wyochatfields said...

I will have to try it.

Thanks

Camille said...

Oh my YUM. I LOVE fresh salsa. Too bad we aren't neighbors or I'd bribe you to bring me a jar!

Glad you are still enjoying the quilt, good to hear!

The purse and cakestand? The purse was from a burlington coat factory in Pittsburgh, and the cake plate is from Macy's, part of their Martha Stewart line. I love them both!

Great to hear from you, looks like you guys are doing great. Sure are cute kids you've got there!

Rebecca said...

My my, comments from Camille. Aren't you popular!?

I think I am going to try your salsa. My honey likes it HOT! (and not just me, salsa too)

wendy said...

mmmmm, can you come over to my house and make me some, miss ambitious?!