It's no secret that I don't like to see my littles getting bigger. To me it means they are getting closer to not needing me, being with me as much, and moving away. I know, I know, my kids are pretty little and I have at least 18 years before the last one is stepping out the door. I just like how they are little and cute and funny and fun. Yes, a lot of work, but every bit of that work is worth it.
I wanted to list some of the things they do now that I don't want to forget they did and I will miss.
I will miss Amaya's gallop. She doesn't run, she gallops it is so funny and endearing. I will also miss how she talks to inanimate objects, the other day I hear her say "excuse me, toys."
(I got out the high chair for Dash and Amaya insisted on eating her lunch in it).
I will miss the way Dash puts his hands on my face when he is happy to see me and then he cuddles up into my face or neck. I will miss it when I am holding him and his whole body jerks when he kicks his feet and laughs at one of his sisters. I will miss his "happy feet". I will miss the redness in his hair. I am hoping he keeps the last one, but I won't be holding my breath.
I am going to miss Ella's good nature (let's face it these days the teenage years are just around the corner from a 7 year old). She is eager to do the right thing and still wants to spend time with us.
6 comments:
cuties. Marley did the same thing when I got the high chair our for Jake. She isn't aloud to sit in it most days though because she reverts back and starts throwing her food when she sits in it.
I am glad that I am not the only one who wants her babies to stay small forever. Ronin turning one was a crisis for me!! What cute kids!
My mom said, "So Torsten is 10 1/2 months now." I cut her off with "10 (!) months, we are not aging him!" Kurt just looked at me like I was nuts.
There are also fun things to look forward to as they get older.
I can't believe how Dash's hair has grown since you left.
Oh wow, I have not been on your blog in so long! First of all, I love how you document the simple things your kids do...because it's those little things I know I'll forget. I need to be better about that. And Lindsay looks absolutely stunning!! How exciting for her, and what a fun trip for you guys! Those Salt Lake pictures made me so home sick. Love your blog, and can't believe Dash is 6 months?! What?! Time is slipping away from me.
Post a Comment