The best kind of Pumpkin Patch is Grandma and Granddad's.
My mom and dad waited to pick their pumpkins for Ella and Amaya to help them. Much better than paying a commercial farm.





My mom also waited to can her apples so I could help. I was glad she did. We made apple pie filling, applesauce, apple jelly (which didn't turn out), and delicious apple butter.
I loved it. I hope to do this for my own family someday.
My only regret is that I couldn't bring any of it home with me.
4 comments:
Does your Mom have a good applesauce recipe? My great aunt (the one who quilted) made some amazing homemade applesauce and I have yet to have any like it!
How cute! What great memories for your kids with there grandparents. Glad you had a great time.
My pumpkins didn't grow that big I am jealous.
Allison, it's been so great to read through your posts. What a lucky girl you are to get to pick your own parents pumpkins with your kids and then to make apple "Stuff" with your mom. Yum! I too entered Melissa's contest. I hope I win. She is always so nice to put directions. she is seriously amazing. However, I really don't want to have to make it myself.
I loved the picture of Shad and Ella on the beach, however it made me sad. I got this deep pit in my stomach as I thought of how quickly our children are all growing up. I don't want them to, but I can't stop that. Ah, does that make sense???
The wedding looked fun and you all looked so happy. Sounds like everyone is doing great! Wouldn't you love to just meet somewhere and have another volleyball/bbq with the old gang??!!!
Post a Comment