Saturday, January 29, 2011

Craig's List


I've been really into finding furniture on Craig's List and revamping it to fit my style. I am so excited how this nightstand turned out. I think everyone was skeptical of my decision to make it grey. But I love how it looks.

(Yes my bed is only on a boxspring. We just got it for Christmas and we need to pick out a headboard and footboard to go with it)

Now I need your help. I bought this console table and I can't make up my mind what color to paint it. I am thinking either black or a teal. We need more color in our house, so I lean toward the teal, but the black would look really nice too. What do you think?
The blue would be a lot like the Caribbean Blue shown below. Maybe a little lighter in shade, but close to it.


9 comments:

Kade and Emily said...

Al, I love your nightstand!! My favorite dresser I bought for $20 and painted black. It still needs new runners on most of the drawers, but I love how it looks.
My vote is to go for the splash of color! It will brighten up you day evertime you look at it. And, if you hate it, you can always paint it black. PS--tint your primer. That was a good tip I got once upon a time.

Anonymous said...

My vote is also for the color though I know your dilemma having taken up the revamping-furniture-from-craigslist thing myself. You could always change it if need be.

Also, this (http://ana-white.com/) is an awesome site and I'm itching to give some plans a go. (She also lives in AK.)

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

Cute grey dresser!

I vote teal! I'm about to paint some thrift store stuff I got for Zoe's room a teal or aqua to brighten it up. Plus, if you don't like it... you can always repaint it!

Hey, I miss you! And Sonic playdates.

Holly said...

I vote color! :)Can't wait to see the finished project!

Emily said...

Okay Al, here is my opinion.....
I personally am partial to color on the wall and painting the furniture piece black. Go to my blog then link to Justin and Elsie's blog and go back a few months. They did a gorgeous blue color on the walls with black furniture. It looks awesome. It's not too hard to get the ceilings white, you can get a huge thing of ceiling paint for pretty cheap.
By the way I love love love the gray too!

Mariam said...

Looks good! Love the table, go color and use an antique gel.

Rebecca said...

I pick either. Both would look great!

Unknown said...

Super cute night stand. I would go with color especially if you need to add some to your house.

I really like the ocean breeze color on small pieces of furniture. Check out this site.

http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/search/label/Paint

Unknown said...

Whatever you choose, just remember it's not permanent. :) If you end up getting sick of it, just paint again.