With Christmas falling on Sunday this year and our church being at 9:00 am, we didn't have as much time to open presents. So we got through what we could before it was time to start getting ready. It was kind of nice spreading it out longer through the day.
The kids and I hurried and found some presents for Grandma and Granddad to open. We wanted them to feel loved and appreciated. Grandma got a scarf that I was considering keeping, and Granddad got a gift card to Home Depot. That man is hard to shop for, not because he has everything because he doesn't need things.
Dash got a train table and a set of mega-blocks trains.
Santa brought Amaya a tinkerbell jewelry box that she's been wanting. She even wanted to buy it for Ella.
I had already planned to do my mother's traditional Christmas Brunch this year before I even knew she'd be here for it. It was fun to come home from church and start preparing for her tradition. While we were in the kitchen a moose ran through the back yard. They don't usually come through our yard since we live in the middle of the neighborhood.
After brunch, the tradition goes that everyone opens one more present. This year my mother made "Depression Gifts". It is where you give something you have on hand in your home. She crocheted the girls some wristies (fingerless mittens), Dash got a wooden baby jesus, Shad got a crocheted book mark, I got some embroidered pillow cases, my dad got....I don't remember, and my dad made a recipe card holder from an old fork for my mom. It was a great brunch.
We spent the rest of the day watching the kids play with their new toys and resting. What a beautiful holiday to remember our Savior and his humble birth. To set this day aside to give love and time to our family, something we should be focusing on throughout the whole year.


2 comments:
Looks like a great Christmas!! I love getting to see your house in use. I mean I like to see where everything is and how you decorate with people in it, as opposed to a still picture of say the living room. It makes sense to me.
I don't understand what those sock monkeys are all about. I'm happy that you guys had a Great Christmas, your parents seamed like they really enjoyed their trip.
Post a Comment