Friday, August 17, 2012

Utah 2012

I got home from girls' camp on Saturday afternoon, and the kids and I left at 6 am for the airport on Monday morning.  I am really missing my husband at this point and it's only June 18th.

We had an 8-hr layover in the SeaTac airport and got into Vegas at  12:30 am Tuesday morning. Another 2 1/2 hour drive to Cedar City, and it was good to see my parents' house and really good to sleep in.
The kids were amazing travelers.  I have great kids.

We went to Utah for my family reunion which was that coming weekend.  Most everyone decided to come into Cedar early though, making it a week of Chatfield style festivities.

Kiley was an amazing entertainer to all the kids.  Including 4-wheeler rides.

 Mariam seems to be really into her conversation.

We went on a hike to see the "Moroni Writings".
We went to the AquaCenter in Cedar.
We watched movies.
We played water wienies.
We got Brad's and Hermie's food, and Cafe Rio.
I went shopping.
I sat by my mom and dad and watched the summer Cedar evenings.
I talked to Mariam about everything.
My kids played dress-up and wii.
We watched Uncle Mackay's Chemistry show.

 One of the many dinners all together.

 I put this picture of my nephew McKade on here, because I wanted to remember how amazing he was to Dash.  He played with him, teased him, and entertained him for a lot of the time.  I was so grateful how much he helped Dash.  All of Mariam's kids were amazing to mine.  I can see why Ella tells me that that's where she prefers to visit above anywhere else in the world.

One of the reasons it was important for me to be there this week, was because we were going to throw my dad a 60th birthday party.  His birthday was back in May, but we all could only get together in June.  He was surprised and it was fun to celebrate an amazing man in my life.  I am so grateful for my dad and all the things he has taught me over the years.  He is a pillar of strength and righteousness.  I love him for it. ( I wish I had a really great picture of him to put right here.)

Mariam wanted the 5 of us to take one of those jump in the air pictures.  Throw in 2 Yahoos (Cameron and Kiley), one pregnant girl (Lindsay) and a fat girl (me of course) and you get about 10 pictures like the two that follow.


  Well we tried.

Ella, Amaya, and Dash were very into the trees in Grandma and Granddad's yard.

and the trains

and the pools
 Oh and Dash had this little problem of keeping his clothes on.  I don't know if it was too hot for this little Alaskan boy or what it was, but he doesn't seem to have as much trouble at home.

All the women sewed squares and brought them to the reunion.  We traded pieces and sewed a quilt top for every family. Now I need to finish it.

We were really missing Shad at this point.  This pic was for him.

I took the chance to go to SLC to visit Lindsay and get a mommy break when I had the best babysitters at my fingertips.
 While in SLC I got to see MARY.  OH, how I love that girl and miss her to pieces. 


 We played at the park and Dash got sick because of too much swinging.  Poor boy.

Breakfast after a night of sleepovers at Grandma's.

After 2 1/2 weeks, lastly we went to the 4th of July parade. After the parade we hopped down to Vegas to catch a plane that would take us back to Shad and our home.
It was so much fun to be in Cedar.  I love that town. I love my family and miss them terribly.  I hope we can go back more often.

3 comments:

wyochatfields said...

I am happy to see you blogging again. It was great to see you guys we all had a ton of fun.

Mariam said...

You summed it up so well! It was fun to have you here and I would love to remember what I was telling Christy with so much intensity.

Rebecca said...

So fun to catch up. I didn't really talk to you all summer! And thanks, we got a good laugh out of your jumping pictures. You totally need to crop that one of your brother and his sweet ballerinaing!