Monday, September 3, 2012

First Day(s) of School 2012

Each of the kids started school this year, and they each had their first day separately.  

Ella went first on Tuesday.
4th Grade this year.
She got Mrs. McHenry, the teacher we wanted.
She got a lot of her previous classmates with her.
She actually wore a tunic and leggings (she's a jeans girl)
We blowed dried her hair just for the occasion.
She had a GREAT day.



Dash had his first day of Preschool on Thursday.
He goes twice a week three hours each day.
His teacher seems very soft intimidated, we'll see how it works out.
Our neighbor Ady is in his class, yay for a friend.
When asked if he liked school, he said "no".



 How could I not put this one on here?


Amaya didn't start until the next week.
Kindergarten is so fun for her.
She goes at 11 and comes home on the bus with Ella.
She was pretty nervous walking up to the school and going off with her class.
She was all smiles and excitement after the day was over.


Twirling to show off her outfit.

My thoughts on all of this: Ella and Amaya need to go to school they need that structure and business it provides.  I need them to be there so I don't hear "I'm bored" so often.  Dash on the other hand.  I wanted to cry dropping him off.  I chose to send him this year to give him extra time to figure out that this is how it's going to be.  I couldn't believe I was dropping my baby off for school and I don't have any behind him to stay home with me. I am keeping pretty busy with all the back and forth school is requiring of me.  I'll figure out how to do this soon enough. 

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love this post for lots of reasons. Amaya is so big and so pretty. I love that she still is twirly. Dash. I could eat him. When did you have a boy so big!? Tell him to slow it down. I would love to see Ella's whole outfit, she looks so pretty! I love seeing your porch in more detail. Oh how I have missed seeing dead plants in those planters! Seriously.

Unknown said...

Yay for Amaya learning to ride a bike! I have also had a hard time sending my little guy to school. After going back and forth on whether to pull him back out or not, I finally decided to keep him. I'm sure it will get easier after it's routine for all of you.

Cindy said...

WOW! How time goes! I am happy that you will get a little break now and then!!