Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Amaya turned 6

My Amaya turned six.  A couple of days before her birthday she told me that she didn't want to grow up and that she wanted to be with me forever (heart-bursting-moment). As lovely as that thought is, I don't want my children to be scared of their future.  I want them to anticipate and be excited for what adventures lay ahead. So I replies with "okay, lets skip your birthday this year.  I'll return the presents".  Of course that made her rethink her original idea.

Amaya's birthday was the last day of the Holiday vacation. Shad had to go back to work that day, so it made the day VERY long waiting for daddy to come home.  We waited for him to open presents and have cupcakes.



Amaya is in the question phase of life.  She asks hundreds of questions a day.  Most of them begin with  "Mom (or Dad), What if....." and then some nonsensical thing will follow and then she expects an answer. Her mind works so fast and she is so curious about it all.



Amaya is opening her present from Daddy and Dash.  It's a plastic bow and arrows.  It was loved and adored by all.  Two of the arrows are already broken.


 Amaya originally wanted a Red Strawberry, Blue Blueberry, and Chocolate cake.  I talked her into a chocolate cupcake with whipped ganache topping.



  It was delicious.



I was a genius this year when I thought of the present we should give to Amaya.  I went and got a pretty box and then filled it with crafting and painting supplies. It has been loved and used everyday since.  Amaya is also very good at keeping it all together and safely put away.



I love this little delightful girl.  She is dainty and light on her feet.  She is musical and artsy.  She is good to help when asked and not asked.  She is an important part of our family.

2 comments:

JLKendell said...

Happy Birthday baby girl! Your kids are beautiful

Mary said...

She's growing up way too fast. Miss her!