Did I write about our trip to Washington? Shad and I went to the tri-cities in Washington to look at a practice. It was just the two of us and it was so nice to travel without kids. Very hassle free, I recommend it.
Shad in the airport.
We went to Sonic a few times, it was great.
We saw the Bremmers, that was even better.
Dash was getting ready to head outside, in the snow, without a hat, without gloves, with flip-flops on. I think he misses summertime.
We went to Anchorage to spend Thanksgiving with Wil Crabtree and Jennifer Lombrano and their brood. Our kids were really well-behaved.
We had a really long cold-snap. I never warmed above -20 for 2-3 weeks. It was a really hard time for me and the kids.
Shad and I took them to the community center on Eielson Airforce Base to run around and we had the place to ourselves. It was really great.
When it finally warmed up, it snowed and it snowed a lot.
Even scenes like this one where I couldn't see very far up the road, made me happy. It was because I knew it was warmer.
Dash is going through a trying time. He wants what he wants and he'll throw an all-out-fit to try and get it.
Every Christmas I look forward to the tradition of my Mother's Christmas Package. Because it will always have her fudge in it. This year it had a bunch of scarves she picked up for me too. I guess she was in the mood to spoil me. Which I am very happy to accommodate her.
On Christmas break, we had a lot of kids in and out of our house. I'm trying to make myself the parent that doesn't mind having friends over, so that when my kids are teenagers their friends will want to be here. That way I can have a closer eye on my kids.
I tried Cross-Country Skiing and I liked it/ I was the slowest one in this group, they were fast and adventurous. I was slow and repeating "don't break anything, you can't afford to break anything". Being old has made me a chicken, but I'm ready to do it again.
The littles getting along. They are hot and cold for each other.
Ella and I stole some time and watched the 6th Harry Potter movie, she finished the book over the break.
I love him, and this face he keeps pulling for the camera.
I love her and she keeps getting bigger.
One day in the summer, Dash came running in after just heading over to his friend's house. He ran upstairs, got his Superman cape and ran back outside back to his friend's house. I watched him and tried to ingrain the picture in my mind. I regret not getting my camera, because it was one of those classic little boy moments. While I was out in the garage on our treadmill, Dash came out to ride his big-wheel. He had his Superman lunchbox with all his "guys" (action figures) hooked on the handlebar and he rode around and around. I had a camera this time.
Amaya asked me yesterday what she should be when she grows up, a chef or an artist. I asked her why not both? She beamed at the idea of doing both.
Lasertag Awesomeness.
Ella my Alaskan girl, doesn't often feel the cold.
Amaya painted my nails for me. I have a hard time remembering that it is about spending time together and not about the messy nails.
I finally got my family portrait back from the framers. I love how it looks over the piano.







3 comments:
Sigh. You even updated the sidebar photos. Guess they have to grow up sometime.
I love this post because I love feeling included in your every day life. And if I feel that way, your kids will love it way more than me someday. My favorites are the one of you with the fudge and Dash with his lunchbox. Classics for sure.
I loved your post, and for the record you look like quiet the cross country skier.
Thank goodness for cameras on phones to capture that immediate moment.
Miss you lots, Al.
Post a Comment