Friday, April 5, 2013

Dash turns 4

I asked Dash what he wanted to do for his birthday well in advance this year.  I felt very on top of it.  He wanted to go bowling.  He even invited all of the Monson family to come.  So the Saturday before his Monday birthday, the Monsons were nice enough to meet us at the bowling alley to play.
I asked him what he wanted for dinner, he chose pizza.  I asked him what he wanted for dessert.  He said "no cake, cookies."

So I was going to make delicious homemade pizza and cookies on his birthday for my big boy.  Well I woke up Monday morning early early and started throwing up.  I had a 24-hr. flu-bug that his me on one of my kids birthdays.  It was awful.  Ella can get herself off to the bus stop in the morning, so she was taken care of.  I called Allie, and asked her to take the other two.  She graciously took my boy on his birthday.  She even took him to McDonald's to get ice cream and play.  I love being surrounded by good friends.

Shad would have stayed home, but he had a patient he had to see that day.  By the afternoon, Shad started feeling not so great either.  

So we threw together a sad little party for our boy.  I don't think he really noticed we were not feeling it.

He was ecstatic about his batmobile, and dreamlites, and plastic bow and arrow.




Dash keeps the party and this family alive with his excitement.  I just love him so much and find so much joy in his little face, snuggles and kisses.  When he tells Shad "I'm mama's boy!" It melts my heart every time.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Aw being sick sucks. And on a kids birthday is even worse! Lucky you're a great Mom and he didn't even notice! Happy Birthday to Dash. I will always love your name.

Unknown said...

Oh man, that's the worst. Being sick and being sick on an important day.