The day was gorgeous. The kids were excited. I check the girls out of school early just so the sunshine wasn't wasted being in the classroom. The kids ran from ice sculpture to ice sculpture, ice slide to ice slide.
Then it happened, Dash got into the salad bowl (a giant bowl made of ice that is impossible to climb out of, it's fun I promise) and whacked his mouth against the side. Blood spurted out of his mouth and crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth ensued. I calmed him as best I could, made sure all his teeth were still set in place and tried to get him to let me put snow on his mouth. He wasn't having it. He sat in my lap for the next 20 minutes or so while we watched the girls keep playing. We had just arrived it was too soon to leave.
After a little while of sideline watching, Dash wanted to go down some slides. Allie's oldest Shane was sweet and took Dash up and down a few times. He was milkin' the poor-me-I-got-hurt scenario.
Then it happened, Dash's arm got stuck between a slide and the sled. There isn't enough room for an arm to be there and it got wrenched something good. Again, crying, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. I checked as well as I could that there wasn't anything broken, and made the decision. It was time to go home. We will head back next week during our Spring Break.




1 comment:
Oh Dash. Being almost 5 is so rough. I am glad that you made him stay and play more and that you are still going back. Way to be a good Mom.
Post a Comment