Jack Ryhn Roundy
September 5, 2014
8 lbs 8 oz
21.5 in
Jack arrived late...according to my timeline. He was supposed to be born in August. Who cares if his actual due date wasn't until the 7th of September. We flew my mom in August 30 and I was sure that he was already going to be here when she arrived, but no. After a week with my mom and no baby arrival, I appealed to my OB. I told him my mom would be leaving on the 9th of September and couldn't we do something about making sure this baby arrived while she was here. He is a very nice person and let me schedule an induction. On Friday the 5th of September at 5:30 in the morning, Shad and I went to the hospital. And by 10:15 am, Jack arrived. I got an epidural and a competent team of nurses and doctors which made me so happy. He was a big boy, beating Ella out of the top weight by 1 oz. His first name is name that I have always liked. His middle name is from one of Shad's best friends. Michael Ryhn was a resident with Shad and they got each other through some very hard times and formed a lasting friendship because of the trials they shared. I adore Jack already. I snuggle him and he snuggles back and I let him sleep on me all the time and I can't bear to let him cry for too long.
Although that last part is going to have to change soon. Mama is going to need some sleep.

2 comments:
He is a cutie!!! Can't wait to meet him.
I need more Jack in my life. I had already forgotten how much I loved those instagrams of his pouty face, that curly hair, and his just came out of the womb and already looks like a Roundyness.
Post a Comment