Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Trees





The original was a painting that another blogger thought would make a pretty quilt. Rebecca thought of putting the two together a sort of quilted wall art if you will.


So this is what Rebecca and I made. We just free handed the cutting and used embroidery floss to stitch it down. All time spent I think was less than 3 hours. I am pleased with it and I think I will make more for gifts.

9 comments:

Kade and Emily said...

Al, this is so cute!! I can't believe it didn't take very long! where did you find the original picture?

Allison said...

My friend found it on another blog. It was originally some kind of painting. I thought you would like it.

Unknown said...

Totally cute! Thanks for posting.

Rebecca said...

I am loving the new pics of your kids on the right. And Ella's quote right now is too funny!

Jessie said...

These are so cute. How big are they when they are all said and done?

Jessie said...

These are so cute. How big are they when they are all said and done?

Allison said...

mine is 14x16, but you can do it any size you want. I have also thought of just putting one or two on a pillow.

Unknown said...

just stopping by to say hi. i love your crafty idea. it looks simple to do, like i could stitch it while catching up on bad TV shows...

Ginger said...

I love the tree's. I want three for myself, one in green, blue, and red. I can picture them right now in my new house.