Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Princess and The Chicken

The title sounds like it should be a classic children's story. I wasn't very happy with my girls' costumes this year. Ella wanted to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Instead of spending $30-40 on that. I talked her into being a princess and sealed the deal by telling her we would make one of those pointy princess hats. It worked and sad as the hat was, she loved the train it created.


I got Amaya's costume off a clearance rack last year. I was so excited to only be paying $4 for a costume that I didn't think it would be fun to coordinate the girls in costumes. She could have been a pea, and then we would have had the princess and the pea. Again I was held back by the money. I already had a costume that would do for her first Halloween. I'll say it, she looked pretty cute and funny all feathered up.


I love my kids

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh...I think they look adorable! Happy Halloween.

Kade and Emily said...

The Princess and the Pea is a funny idea. But I think the Chicken outfit is cute anyway. You should tell people she gets it from the Roundy side.

~jen said...

actually, princess and chickens are related, if you read Mary Jane Auch, who has hilariously "fowl" re-tellings of favorite stories, which I would say are egg-cellent for little princesses. Check out "Chickerella" (I sound like a spot on "Reading Rainbow"). Darling costumes!

Anonymous said...

it could be a spin-off...kinda like Shrek. you could be the onion and shad would be a great ogre. be sure to have him brush up on the accent though.

kids look super great!! who cares if they coordinate?

Megan said...

They are so cute!!

Holly said...

The Princess hat looks great--all of my girls would be envious!

Susy said...

Your girls look adorable...I love reading Ella's funnies! She cracks me up.

Megan said...

Hey Allison, I'm looking for a pediatrician there in Fayetteville since we are moving next month. Do you know any good ones? I'm trying to get a list of good ones in the area so I can start calling them to set up an appointment for Whitney. Thanks so much!

Megan said...

Thanks a lot Allison!