I had always heard that the first year of marriage was the hardest for a couple. I even have some friends that this was true for them. Shad and I didn't experience that, it was a fun year. There were only a few things that Shad did differently that I had to get used to. I don't even remember them now. What I do remember was that one day I asked him if there was anything that I did that drove him nuts. It was really quite hard to get him to admit to anything. Reluctantly he told me that I leave the kitchen cabinet doors open, even after I have left the room. I never even noticed that I did it.
So the other day when I walked into the kitchen (seven years later mind you) and saw this, I realized I had never fixed this pet peeve for him. At least it isn't big enough for Shad to really care.

So what's the funny thing you do that someone else has had to point out???
8 comments:
I can't think of anything that Randy would be annoyed by that I do...
but I agree with Shad. I can't stand the open doors!! Some Newcomers are guilty and I have to go behind and close them all. Ugh! I think our friendship is starting to fall apart, Allison!
i love love LOVE gala apples and will buy them for myself by the dozen. what annoys micah is that i will peel the sticker from the fruit and paste it on the middle portion of the sink as i rinse it. there it stays until he comes home to remove it.
poor man.
I do the SAME THING! So funny. It drives Jared crazy too. He used to follow behind me closing them.
The other thing I do....I doubt I'm the ONLY one...is hitting the snooze button. On my mission one of my comps finally lost it and told me that we would have to sleep in different rooms unless I changed my ways. Before that, I never even realized that it was such a pet peeve to all of my previous comps as well!! :) For the rest of my mission I never hit snooze.....Jared wonders why I ever let the habit come back.
That is to funny, my Love is like you Allison. He leaves the doors open also. It drives me crazy, but I have learned not to get mad.
As for myself, I will get a diet peps and will drink about half of it and leave it there. That drives him up a tree, I don't know if he is mad about the kids finding and drinking, or spelling it. OR that I don't drink it all. So I have been trying to not leave opened peps around the house.
Lindsay, I also put the sticker on the sink and leave it there, and, Heidi, I hit the snooze button. Luckily Shad is always gone well before my alarm ever goes off.
who uses an alarm when you have kids?????
Tag--You're it! Check my blog for details!
Her quote is cute! You had better watch out since any day now she will be saying...Rebecca! (or maybe you can get her to say Mama--good luck!)
Post a Comment