
1. I love Water! I love to drink it, I love to be near it, and I love to be in it. I love every water sport I have ever tried. I was on a State Champion Swim Team in high school and I always won a good amount of points for our team. I was on the boys water polo team when there weren't enough girls, and I was told that I always held my own or did better than my opponent. I fell in love with water skiing on my friend Heidi's boat after our senior trip. My favorite thing right now is to go to the beach, run up and down and look for good sea shells. I always feel healthy and active when I am near water.
2. I love to read, but don't do much of it. If I have a book to read I ignore EVERYTHING else. I don't talk to my husband, I make my kids watch cartoons, and I don't do any housework. I have to finish the story as fast as I can to see how it turns out. That's why I love recipes and cookbooks I don't have to get through the story. I also love that just reading the recipes I can learn how to put dishes together.
3. I am terrified to fail or not live up to an expectation...my deepest darkest secret. I am way to self conscious. I will not try or I will quit if I know I can't succeed. I am not brave.
4. My greatest desire is to finish college, but to have fun in taking classes. I want to take all those classes I never signed up for, because they wouldn't get me closer to gaining my bachelor's degree. Shad wants it for me too, and encourages me to start now. I just keep telling myself now is not a good time, because I know all the scheduling problems we would have with him in a residency. I don't want my kids to go to a babysitter on a regular basis. I feel my family needs to be completed first and old enough to all be in school so I can go back.
5. I have never questioned my testimony of the gospel. I have always known the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was the true church of God and Jesus Christ. I am a slacker and don't do things I should be doing, but I have never faltered to know that the teachings are right, and it is what Heavenly Father would ask of me.
6. I have to fix it. I have to help my family and friends with whatever they are struggling with. I really take it hard when there is nothing I can do to help.
I tag six these six people, sorry:
Rebecca
Mariam (sorry her's is blocked but I wanted to see what she would say),
Emily R.
Emily W.
Ginger &
Andrea
8 comments:
Believe it or not, there were a few things in there that I didn't know about you! I'm glad you posted it.
Jared usually reads our blog when he's at work and gets a sec --usually his call nights when he feels he needs to see what we've been up to! :) Anyway, he came home after I posted my tag and told me that I should start taking classes again. I told him that I had thought about it A LOT--I think I feel like you do that my number one priority right now is to be Mom and with him gone so much I don't think it could work. Just so you know...I did do quite a few on-line classes and they are NOT FUN. One or two is fine and quite convenient but when you try to do a whole degree like that it takes all enjoyment out of learning. Anyway, Jared tells me that life just gets busier but I think that once my kids are all in school I will make it a priorty to finish the few classes I have left.
Being reminded of your love for water sparked a memory...I do believe I was there for your first shot on the water skies...and I remember a gigantic bruise!!! Do you remember??? What a fun trip that was!!!
I have the dream of going back to school and getting a degree in something art related...maybe when all the little birds have flown the nest....
Okay Allison, what happened to making it only one thing!? Where is your loyalty? I hate water; that is all I was planning on. Dangit. (and I think it was just the right amount, not too personal)
oh, i love water too! we grew up with a pool and had a boat for a while. we'd go waterskiing every weekend. the faster the boat went, the higher i could jump the wake. i miss that.
i'm also the neglectful mother when it comes to books or crafts even. i'm getting better at it. slowly...
Maybe I will see you in school. You have the same idea as me. Have to wait till the kids are older and in school during the day, then maybe I can start taking a few classes. Besides I have to decide what I actually want to take.
Hi, Roundys. I'm glad you checked out our blog. Come over any time. Emily had to sit down with me and make me do it, but now that I know how, I think it will be fun. It's fun to see pics of your cute family and read about you all.
I am so impressed that you played water polo. I, too, love water. But, never had an opportunity to play water polo. Maybe in the next life we can start a team!
Post a Comment