Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Memoirs

The other day I when listening to the radio, they were talking about this book called "Not Quite What I Was Planning". It is full of different people's 6 word memoirs. Like "Sixty years haven't forgiven my parents" or "found true love, married someone else" and good ones like "can't believe I deserve all this". It stemmed from a story the author heard about Ernest Hemmingway. He was challenged to come up with a 6 word story. He said "For sale, baby shoes, never worn." Shad and I were trying to come up with ones for me. He said "husband will not leave me alone" and "Wife, mother, and Target shopper", so I said "red tag clearance? I'll take it."

I think I like "I expected less, but got more."

What yours?  Can you come up with one?

6 comments:

Danko Family said...

Mine would be...Whatever it is, BRING IT ON!!!

Unknown said...

Ha. I have always been bad at stuff like that but I'll think on it. :)

Rebecca said...

Better than I needed, wanted, deserved!

Roundy Clan said...

I have been wanting to make one for me but still haven't been able to come up with anything clever! I love your red tag one though. I go straight for the dollar section at target and then from there go to the clearance rack in the clothes department. We'll have to shop together sometime!!!

Roundy Clan said...

I finally came up with one the other night while I was supposed to be sleeping but the storm was keeping me up. For me it would be "It's the little thing's in life" I seriously say this once or twice a week when I get excited over little things and Cody makes fun of me! haha

Kade and Emily said...

Some days I think it would be something like: Toddler for sale, take best offer. ha ha.
But, I think in general these days it would be: Pregnant; want food, sleep, and food.