Last week Ella talked me into a walk. The sun was shining full force after a day of on and off rain. We got to the end of the street and saw the full arch of a rainbow. It was beautiful. I sped up the pace wanting to get home to get my camera. I was going to line up a shot with Ella standing under it. On the way back to the house Ella says "It's raining." I told her it wasn't, the sun was still beaming down on us and it was probably someone's sprinkler. Not very long after that it really started sprinkling on us, then it started to rain, and then it poured. Ella and I broke into a run the rest of the way home. We ran fast, but not fast enough, because we were drenched. Poor Amaya wasn't left out that little sun shield on the stroller did nothing to keep off the rain.
I haven't mentioned that Amaya has finally learned to scale up and down the stairs. Well now I have another story to tell. She can now do the ladder on the swing set too. This one makes me really nervous. If she falls down the stairs, there are all those steps to break the fall on the way down. If she falls down off the landing at the top of the slide, that is quite a fall for a little squirt like her. But without delay we documented another accomplishment with pictures.
It's quite a sight to see.
Look at that look of pride. I love that look on my kids faces, and I guess I hate it sometimes too. Some things in this life you just wish your kids wouldn't learn, for their safety.
I don't know if she is doing sunglasses or binoculars, either way it's cute.
We got a different movie in the mail this week. Lars and the Real Girl. I found it painful and funny at the same time. Kinda the way The Office is. The movie ended up being weird, but heartwarming. It made me wish that all communities were so supportive of the different ways people struggle with their life. I recommend seeing it. I can't even warn you of language of one offensive scene. It was a good one.


Today was a day of fun. Rebecca, Jackie and I went to the Cameron Antique Fair. Alone, just the 3 of us, NO KIDS!!!!
It is in the city of Cameron, it is held on the first Saturdays in May and October, and there are over 200 vendors. It is really fun to look around for something to buy, and see all the things we remember from our childhood or grandmothers' houses, and things we want in our own homes.
I have a few glassware items in my kitchen that were in my Grandmother's kitchen. They are this beautiful teal color. I have since looked for more pieces in this color to add to the collection my grandma started. I found a few items that would have matched, but this vase was by far the best. I stupidly took too little money this year and now that I am home I keep thinking about a teal lantern, a red silverware box, and a NC license plate. I won't make that mistake again. Next time I will be taking more than I think I will need instead of putting a limit on my spending before I get there.
Did you hear? I was very saddened by the death of Eight Belles at the Kentucky Derby. Shad and I try to watch it every year. We will always feel a tie to Louisville. The death of a horse that ran so hard, finished second, and then ended up with a compound fracture in both ankles that led to them needing to euthanize her is just tragic. My heart goes out to her owners and trainers.

Wasn't she beautiful?
5 comments:
I too am regretting the things I didn't buy in Cameron. There was the red door, that small hutch type piece for $120, and Randy wishes I had bought that bike. He said next year we should have a budget, but have the goal be to spend the entire amount. Sucks though we have a whole year to think about it now.
Oh, that's too bad about the horse. Although I'm not much into horses, my heart still goes out to the owner. You are a crack up with Target and Diet Coke! I am the same way with my diet coke. Sometimes I think it's some sort of addiction. I feel so good when I'm drinking one! I also, love 'coinki dinks', haha!
A DAY OUT ALONE???? How did you score that, and how can I??? It sounds like fun. I loved your stories about your daily life. How can I be motivated like you to take more pictures of things like that?
I actually love the pic of you all wet :) funny. The pic of Amaya climbing the stairs in her flip-flops is awesome...and a day out alone! That is AMAZING :) Way to go....love the vase.
So after i read this post a while ago I added Lars and the Real Girl to my netflix. I watched it last night and I loved it! It was such a good movie. Well acted, well written and touching! Thanks for putting a shout out for it here or I would have never seen it. :)
Post a Comment