so I don't have a picture of just us on this computer. You'll remember my computer crashed this year and now my scanner doesn't work, so I can't get a wedding or dating picture on here for you to see. I decided that us in pictures with the best things our marriage has created is good enough for this post.
Some of our story:
I don't remember the first time I saw Shad. I started on the swim team in 6th grade and I saw him around. I don't think we ever exchanged a word until high school. I had a crush on him, but alas, he was an upperclassman and I was a lowly freshman. After State swimming we rode home on the bus together and talked most of the way. I am pretty sure it was my doing that we were sitting next to each other. My sophomore year I moved on I didn't want to waste my time with someone that didn't think the same about me.
A couple of months before my 16th birthday my best friend Erin and Shad's friend Zach started "going out". These two people started scheming. They told Shad that he should take out Allison, and they asked me if I like Shad. I said I didn't know, I am pretty sure he doesn't like me. Those feeling changed toward the end of June. We were both at a Utah Summer Games Dance and a slow song came on. I was with my friend Laura and the next thing I knew she was dancing with Shad's friend Rob and Shad turned me around and started dancing and the ever so suavely said "do you wanna dance?" I responded with a "sure". This was the first time I thought Shad actually "liked" me.
Dad, if you're reading this...Your relief will come in knowing we didn't actually start dating until I was 16. We hung out and only had eyes for each other for the next year and 2 months until Shad left for a 2 year mission in the Philippines. I wrote faithfully for the 2 years, Shad wrote faithfully for 21 months.
He came home and two weeks later told me he made up his mind about to things. He wanted to be a dentist and asked me if I could be married to one.
We got engaged November 20, 1999. It was the night of my brother's wedding reception. Poor mom and dad 3 weddings in 14 months.
Yep you guessed it, married May 6, 2000.
Moved to Louisville June 2001
Went on an exciting trip to New York City July 2002
First baby born April 2003
Life as usual 2004
Dental School Graduation June 2005
New life in our new city in 2006
2nd baby born January 2007
Ready for another eight in 2008
Do you know what song was playing when Shad swept me up?
Do you know what Temple we married in?
Do you know if everyone was happy about us getting hitched?

12 comments:
Of course I remember you. I see that you leave comments on the Morts often and always am glad to see that you all are doing well. I can't belive how old Ella is and now another one. They are soooo CUTE. Amaya would have had fun playing with Mallory (my one year old) in the hall at church - the hangout! And, happy anniversary!
"Lady in Red"
St. George Temple
Everyone was excited
Am I right? I loved reading your story. Congratulations!!
Happy Anniversary! Congrats on 8 Years. I loved reading your story about how you met, I think that I had maybe already heard it though.
does eight more in 2008 mean you are expecting 'octopolates' you never told me :)
Dangit, I don't know the song and I can only remember the heartbeat in the one that is "your song" and I would say St George and that not everyone was excited. This was a fun read. Yay for 8 in 2008!
So I think we should hang out more so I can now the answers to these questions...Happy Anniversary!
Congratulations on eight years!
I don't know the answers to your questions. But if it was a Summer Games dance, then it had to have been a country song. I'd forgotten about Erin and Zach. That's so funny. Where is she now?
I don't know why I never made the connection, but of course you would know my husband Spencer's sister, Heidi Henrie and her husband, Clint. Were you the same year? Do you know Spencer's other sister, Amber Weaver, and her husband, Jon? He is going into his last year at Louisville dental.
Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry I don't know the song, but I do know you got married in St. George, and I suspect that everyone was happy for you!
I've known Allison since 6th grade. I've known Shad since 8th or 9th grade. I worked with Allison those 2 years he was gone on his mission, and I would have been pissed if they hadn't married after having to listen to Allison whine about not having Shad around while he was away.
Thanks, Chris, you've always been a supporter of our love.
Oh, congratulations!! 8 years, wow! Time flies. It will be 8 yrs. for us in July, and it doesn't seem possible. You and Shad have such a cute little family. It was fun hearing your 'story'. And I'm so sorry about mother's day!! A teething baby, missionaries over for dinner, (that was really sweet of you, and I'm sure their mothers appreciated it so much), and hubby gone that night! You SO deserve to relax next Sunday.
Post a Comment