Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

First things first.  Answers to the previous questions: Somebody by Depeche Mode; St George Temple; I think everyone was okay with it by the day of the marriage, but I suspect not all were in the beginning.

Now:  Happy Mother's Day to me.  I earned it, in fact I think I declare every Sunday mother's day.  That way after all Sundays have come and gone then I will have gotten everything I deserve.  

Let me shine some light on the subject.  I am dealing with a baby that is getting  SIX, yes I said six, teeth at once.  I can't seem to do anything right or understand anything of what she wants. 

 I so foolishly agreed to have the missionaries over for dinner tonight.  The dinner coordinator called on at 10:00 pm on Thursday night asking for us to take them in.  Shad could do everything that that entails, cleaning the house, cooking the food, setting the table, picking up the elders, serving the food, doing the dishes, taking the elders home, he is capable.  I just feel like he shouldn't have to do all of that alone. 

 Then because I requested that Shad not go into work at all yesterday, he had to go in tonight.  So on Mother's Day I did everything I shouldn't have had to.  Cooking, Dishes, Dirty Diapers, Baths, PJs, Deciphering 1-year old Baby Code.  

On the other hand I want to wish my own mother a very Happy Mother's Day.  You had 5, mom,  I only have two.  How did you do it, and how do I follow?  I love you for so many reasons.  One of the being for not going completely insane, so I can call you now and get the compassion I think I deserve.  And second for being a mom who loved, watched, guided and stood back when appropriate.  I wouldn't trade you for anything.

I also want to wish my sisters and cousins and friends a very happy day.  I am surrounded by great examples and I want all of your goodness.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Mother's Day! I am glad that you are your mothering skills have ended up here, by me.

Rebecca said...

(dangit. that should say you AND your mothering skills...)

Julie Robinson said...

I actually don't think all the Sundays would even come close to what you deserve-maybe we should try for 4/7 days in the week. That gives us one more than men-is that fair?

Kade and Emily said...

Wow, Happy Mother's Day to you. I don't think that we, as mothers, will ever get any real appreciation on any day (particullarly Mother's Day) until our kids are grown and they have kids of their own. That will be many years for us....sigh.

Colorado Oldroyds said...

You'd think our husbands would know some secret trick to cure teething pain, especially on Mother's Day.:) I love you and Shad's story. Happy Mother's Day and Happy Anniversary! We were married the same year, nice easy to remember year.

Unknown said...

Who wasn't excited about you getting married??? I should know that...just seems like so long ago! :)

Rebecca said...

I know you are busy and I have seen you maybe a few times this week but a new post would be fun!