I want to go to the beach
I want to build a sandcastle
I want to play in the water
I want to go to the beach
There were probably a couple other verses that I don't remember right now. And yes, I am aware it doesn't rhyme. I am telling you this so you'll know that the beach has been a deep love of mine for a long time.
For at least a week before last Saturday, I was telling Shad that we were going to Myrtle Beach. He worked long and hard hours for the full week knowing he wouldn't get to go in on Saturday. He is still working longer because he was unable to go on that day. He's such a good husband.
Well we went to the beach and we built sandcastles and we played in the water. It was a GOOD day.
This is one of the few pictures I got of Ella. She wouldn't sit still. Every time I had a camera pointed at her she was TOO busy to be bothered.
How many Twinkies can you eat? Amaya wanted one shortly after we were set up. Then not too long before we packed up she wanted another--DON'T THINK I AM A BAD MOTHER, THE GIRL IS UNDERWEIGHT! My friend asked me "How many twinkies has she had now?" I said this is the second, and then she said "Is that counting the one that Shad shared with her?" ...ummm, no. That's 3 total.
Can't you just see the conversation here?
Amaya: But I don't want the boogie board.
Dallin: Just take it, you can play with it.
Amaya: I want the cool blue goggles you have in your other hand.
Dallin: These are my special goggles, take the boogie board.
Amaya: I DON'T WANT IT!
Dallin: Stop crying!
I have some really good pictures that my friend took of us. I'll share them another time. If anyone wants to come visit, we'll take you to the beach. Does that entice you?

7 comments:
I share your love of the beach. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach. And I haven't been since last summer (a week at the Outer Banks--I highly recommend it!) Your fun pictures make me want to go again so much! I'm so glad you had a good time!
I <3 the beach/ocean. I just wish NC had at least 1 beach with big enough waves to surf on.
If it weren't a 10 hour drive, i would be there tomorrow. We have had lousy weather here and I need some sun again. Plus I got a really cute maternity swimsuit that I haven't even had a chance to show off.
I am very tempted. What are you guys doing over Memorial Day weekend? (next weekend)
I absolutely love the beach too and growing up in Cali I got to go a lot. It's just so relaxing and I love the smells and the sounds. Any ways, I REALLY want to come visit you guys! When Cody gets home in December we'll work something out. Maybe spring break next year or something! I am looking forward to seeing you and the kids in July! :)
Looks SO fun!! We'll totally come visit you! :)
That is one studly little boy Amaya is "flirting" with!
Oh I want to go to your beach!!! The water looks so inviting. Plus you can't help but love spending an entire day doing nothing!
Post a Comment