
There is a huge amount of boring going on around here. I am busy with very little these days. We don't even have T-ball games this week.
Shad is going on his second week on call, that usually isn't supposed to happen, he's just special this time. The thing that really stinks is that he is the first call, which means that if someone is hurting or got hurt and is sitting the ER, they page Shad. He has to go check on them and then do what is necessary. All the time the normal stuff he has to do doesn't get done while he is in the ER, it waits for him to find time to do it, which is usually after all the scheduled patients have left, and all the senior residents have dumped what they don't want to do on his desk gets done, then he gets to do that work that sat waiting. That puts him home after 8:00, he went to work at 5:30! Then because he wants to see his daughters and me he won't let three days in a row go without being home before 7:00 so that he can see Amaya and remind her that she has a daddy.
Last week in the evening he was still at the hospital when he was paged to the ER. It was 15-month old baby that was bitten by the family's Great Dane. The baby had to go to surgery and the dog was put down (he didn't have to kill the dog, the vet did that one). That night Shad just didn't come home, after the OR he stayed and did all the work that had to be done for the next day. He got 3 hours of sleep on a stretcher in some random hallway and then payed the price over the weekend, he couldn't keep his eyes open.
I am SOOOO looking forward to Residency being over. I am ready for Shad to be at the top of the totum pole and dump his stuff on the lower residents desks and say to them "I am going home to see my wife and kids, be sure this stuff is done for tomorrow."
9 comments:
I've so been there, Allison. It does get better. Hang in there!
You are so supportive, Allison, and just think, all this hard work will pay off one day! And I LOVE your pictures on the beach!! There's something about white & khaki for a family photo on the beach. You look so great. I'm realizing now, more than ever, how hard it is to get back in shape after two kids. You look amazing! And how sweet of Shad to put in some days in a row so he could have the weekend off with you guys! I'm sure he was exhausted. What a sweet husband. I cracked up at your cute comment...we must have a lot in common! So then it's planned. We'll go to lunch, grab the biggest diet cokes we can find, and let the girls play. I need to call you one of these days.
Hang in there! At least he doesn't make plans to go golfing after he gets off work! :)
I love the new layout and of course I LOVE the header!!
I love the new picture you have up top of all of your legs at the beach. It's SO cute!!
Oh, Al. I'm sorry it's so hard on all of you. It will all be over someday, and you'll be on to your next big adventure!
P.S. You all have very sexy legs.
we're back
Oh, how I understand. That was our first year here. Hang in there. I didn't think I could do it much longer and then came medical school finally to save the day. Life is fabulous now, so hang in there Aly.
Now, I am dreading our fifth and sixth year. However, nothing is like the dreaded intern year. NOT FUN!!
Post a Comment