Sunday, December 7, 2008

Galveston

Saturday we went to NASA to check that out.  It was neat, but I don't think it was worth the $40 it cost to get in.  We did choose an excellent day to go, not very busy at all.  That part was really nice.  Ella has to do a report on some educational things we see to excuse her absence from school, so she will be drawing pictures about NASA to share with her class when she gets back.

Sunday we went to Galveston to get some pictures for our Christmas card.  Though I always love to go to the beach, it didn't go the way I wanted.  See Amaya is getting 4, yes I said 4, teeth.  Teething has not been an easy thing with this kid.   She is REALLY EXTREMELY clingy to me right now and didn't really ever let me put her down to take her picture.  Let Shad hold her? Forget it!  She rather throw a tantrum.  I don't know what to do about the Christmas card.  I guess you'll just have to stay tuned.  Here are pretty much the only photos that turned out.


My attempt at creativity.


"mommy, mommy, mommy"


Though I get tired of whiny, I don't get tired of the snuggles I get when I give in and pick her up.


I've always loved pictures of families walking together.

Ella was having an great hair day and the sea's breeze made even better.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

Cute! Can't wait to see the final product!

Rebecca said...

I like the shadow one! Take another but this time turn sideways, then call it good!!

Unknown said...

I love the shadow picture... and could Ella be any more beautiful? Wow. For teething- head to the Whole Foods in Houston ( I know they have one), and buy clove oil. Then take a Tablespoon of regular oil (olive or canola or whatever) and put about 10 drops of the clove oil into it. mix it up and then you can rub it on Amaya's gums where the teeth are coming in. The eugenol in the clove oil works wonders. keep in a dark place (like a kitchen cabinet) away from heat (like the stove). It was the only thing that worked for Jake.

wyochatfields said...

We went there when I was in High School, it was one of the places my father had always wanted to go. It was fun!

Unknown said...

4 teeth!? Seriously, poor thing and poor you. That's rough.

Cristina said...

I agree i love the shadow one also. I also love the one of Shad and the girls walking. Good luck, I know how you feel, I too have had no luck with a Christmas picture yet.