Sunday, December 7, 2008

TEXAS!!!

We, me and the girls, came to Texas to be with Shad for the month of December.  He has been down here since October doing a head and neck trauma rotation.  I didn't want to make that announcement  public on my blog, you may understand why not.

It took us 17 hours driving time.  The girls were such good travelers, very few meltdowns.  After a couple of "lucky" decisions on my behalf, I began to wonder where Mother's Intuition ends and the Holy Ghost steps in.  

I really tried to hit the road fast and long and wanted to be in the car as much as possible, but at times I felt impressed to find a stopping point along the way.  Outside of Atlanta I saw a billboard for a Chik-fil-a.  Even though it was kind of early for lunch, we just had a snack not too long before, I felt I should still stop.  I did and it was a great place to do so.  It was a brand new restaurant, nice and clean.  The girls played for about 40 minutes, and we had a semi-healthy meal.  It renewed us.  

Secondly I was trying put a lot of miles on the road on the first day before I needed to call it a night.  Amaya was sleeping, and again I felt impressed to find a place to pull over.  I listened and not 5 minutes later Amaya awoke with a full blown melt down a "why am I still strapped in this carseat?" kind of tantrum.  We were only 5 minutes from my predesigned stop.

I pleaded in my prayers for patience, safety, health, and help to make such a long journey by myself and my children.  My prayers were answered and I was blessed.  I don't ever want to do it again, but I feel very pleased that I did it.  Thank Heaven for it's help!

13 comments:

Elaine said...

Glad you made it safely and that you are all together as a family once again!

wendy said...

What a great picture! I love how it captures both of your girls! Thanks for the invite to your blog-so cute! Congratulations on the boy-I need to learn how to do that!

Ginger said...

I'm glad you are there and doing well. Have fun enjoy Texas.
Merry Christmas

Rebecca said...

Dallin was sad that you weren't at church because you were already in TX. I guess he still thought you were taking him.

Meg said...

what troopers! I'm glad you made all safe and sound!

Unknown said...

so glad you made it with all your children in tact ;0 SERIOUSLY, you are amazing for driving all that way alone with 2 kiddos. Is Shad driving back with you?

wyochatfields said...

Have a great time in Texas, is it nice and warm there.

Susy said...

You are VERY BRAVE girl. You do anything for those you love.

Kade and Emily said...

I'm glad you made it safe. We are not too far behind you...see you in a few weeks!!!!

Jessie said...

Wow! Good for you I pretty much have a meltdown when we are in the car for a mere 2 hours. Have fun in Texas, this should be a fun month for you! Besides it's at least warmer!

Roundy Clan said...

Glad you made it safe. We must have been traveling to Texas around the same time as you but from the other direction. It took us 3 days and when we got home my ankles were SO swollen! haha Hope we get to see you guys soon.

Cristina said...

glad to hear you girls made it safely. It's great that you all get to be together. I'm impressed that you did all that driving yourself. Great job!

pinkfrostycookies said...

We are so glad you are here and are very much looking forward to seeing you soon!