Keep reminding me who I need to invite to see my blog after I go private and send me your e-mail address if I don't already have it.
My sister-in-law sent me this letter in an e-mail, my feelings echo the sentiments in it. Wanted to share it with you
Dear Santa,
I've been a good mom all year. I've fed, cleaned and cuddled my children on
demand, visited the doctor's office more than my doctor, and sold sixty-two
cases of candy bars to raise money to plant a shade tree on the school
playground. I was hoping you could spread my list out over several
Christmases, since I had to write this letter with my son's red crayon, on the
back of a receipt in the laundry room between cycles, and who knows when I'll
find anymore free time in the next 18 years.
Here are my Christmas wishes:
I'd like a pair of legs that don't ache (in any color, except purple, which I
already have), and arms that don't hurt or flap in the breeze, but are strong
enough to pull my screaming child out of the candy aisle in the grocery store.
I'd also like a waist, since I lost mine somewhere in the seventh month of my
last pregnancy.
If you're hauling big ticket items this year, I'd like fingerprint-resistant
windows, and a radio that only plays adult music; a television that doesn't
broadcast any programs containing talking animals, and a refrigerator with a
secret compartment behind the crisper where I can hide to talk on the phone.
On the practical side, I could use a talking doll that says, 'Yes, Mommy!' to
boost my parental confidence, along with two kids who don't fight, and three
pairs of jeans that will zip all the way up without the use of power tools.
I could also use a recording of Tibetan monks chanting, 'Don't eat in the
living room,' and 'Take your hands off your brother,' because my voice seems to
be just out of my children's hearing range and can only be heard by the dog.
If it's too late to find any of these products, I'd settle for enough time to
brush my teeth and comb my hair in the same morning, or the luxury of eating
food warmer than room temperature without it being served in a Styrofoam
container.
If you don't mind, I could also use a few Christmas miracles to brighten the
holiday season. Would it be too much trouble to declare ketchup a vegetable?
It will clear my conscience immensely. It would be helpful if you could coerce
my children to help around the house without demanding payment as if they were
the bosses of an organized crime family.
Well, Santa, the buzzer on the dryer is calling and my son saw my feet under
the laundry room door. I think he wants his crayon back. Have a safe trip and
remember to leave your wet boots by the door and come in and dry off so you
don't catch cold.
Help yourself to cookies on the table, but don't eat too many or leave crumbs
on the carpet.
Yours Always,
MOM...
P.S. One more thing...you can cancel all my requests if you can keep my
children young enough to believe in Santa.
7 comments:
Glad you made it. That letter is so true!
Great letter. I especially would like that secret compartment, and if ketchup could count as a vegetable I would be all set.
We are looking forward to Christmas!
That's so funny! Ha Ha! The best part is....my dryer is ringing, nagging me to go fold my huge batch of laundry.
So well said. I love it! Also, make sure to send me an invite for your new private blog!
Love it.
That's pretty cute. I get such kick out of stuff like that! Glad you made it there okay and sounds like you were watched over immensely during your trip! I hope you guys have a great time together!
Post a Comment