Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It feels sooo good.

We got home at 8 pm New Year's Eve.  It is the best place to be....home.


So this post isn't so short, I thought I'd add a recipe I found and LOVE!  Christy, this is one of the recipes you have to try.
 
Tuscan White Bean Stew


1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
2 cups shredded carrots
2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
3 cups cubed cooked turkey
3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Crusty bread
Directions
1. Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a large saucepan. Add carrots and one can of the beans; mash second can of beans and add to saucepan.
2. Stir in turkey and Italian seasoning. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and parsley. Serve with crusty bread, if desired.

Go get a turkey breast about 6 lbs in size and cook it up, pretend it's Thanksgiving all over again.  Then use the leftover turkey for this recipe another night, so it comes together faster making you think it tastes even better.

Note- I should credit this to the Parent's magazine website.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glad you're back!! Target's Christmas is 75% off!

wyochatfields said...

We will try it, I got the Everyday Food Magazine today and have already picked some I would like to make. Thanks

Sydney loved the slippers and Kiley likes his sweater THANKS

Jackie said...

So glad you made it back safe and sound...YAY!

Mariam said...

we must be sisters. We have chosen the same blog background--- love the new picture of Shad and the girls.

Roundy Clan said...

Cody is going to mail Ella's blanket today! Hope it gets there soon.

Rebecca said...

I like all your new pictures! It is so nice to see you in them too. :)

Unknown said...

Yay! I know the feeling of living away from home for an extended period of time. It's always SO SO nice to go home. How was the drive??

Unknown said...

I agree, it's nice to see you in some of the pictures :)

Elaine said...

I love your new pictures. Thanks for the recipe. It sounds wonderful!

Libby said...

I love having a new recipe friend! Yeah!