Monday, January 19, 2009

Georgia Aquarium

Shad was looking at some of our photos the other day and said I needed to blog about the Georgia Aquarium. We stopped there on our way back from Texas.

I feel we would have liked it more if: we hadn't just been to the ultimate park about sea life, Sea World; we weren't feeling anxious to get home and be home; and if we had chosen to go on a different day, New Year's Eve is a BUSY day for them.

The good things were that the girls of course loved it and it was a good way to get a rest from the car. They had whale sharks which are an animal I've never seen before and beluga whales an animal I love to watch. They are very graceful creatures and will always look fatter than me.

Ella getting up close and personal with a starfish.  Note the girl behind her, we have no idea who she is, but she noticed Shad about to take a picture and she posed for it.  Her punishment for intruding on our family, she gets put on the blog.


The Aquarium's tunnel system was really neat and our girls loved it.



I hate that this photo came out fuzzy, but I had to include it.  Ella would have spent all day with her fish chart and finding them in the tank.  Shad and I kept rushing her because it was crowded and we wanted to get back on the road.  Still I smile when I see her so enthralled with the task at hand.


Amaya posing in front of the Alligators.  We counted seven Alligators and 3 turtles in this tank.  I like that it was so easy to see them and watch them swim.

The next photo is actually from the Houston Zoo, but I wanted to show how brave Ella can be.

That's a hissing cockroach her finger is petting,  eeewww.
>

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love how the tunnel makes them look all blue-ish. Even more aquatic.

Kade and Emily said...

What a fun detour! Tell Ella I think she is super brave for touching a roach on purpose. ;)