Friday, January 23, 2009


I have been putting off, the couple of days or weeks whichever way it turns out, potty training Amaya.  I was changing her diaper this morning and I said,

"These long legs tell me it's time get you potty-trained"

She said,
"I be potty-trained"

Me
 "You want to be potty-trained?"

Her
"Yes."

So here it is, me getting over my laziness and setting the goal to train starting next Tuesday.  I have go in for my 3 hour Glucose screening test Monday morning and don't want to make my friend watching Amaya have to deal with that.  And I am giving myself another lazy weekend, so today and tomorrow are out.

There is no excuse for not training a kid that likes sitting on the potty, who has been going number 2 in the potty for almost a week, and is not scared of the process.  I have to keep telling myself these things.

I am now welcoming any and all advice and tips you have learned along the way.  I can't believe it's been 3 years since I've done this and at that time I was working with an almost 3 year old.  In my mind that is much easier, than a just turned two ball of energy.

10 comments:

Meg said...

no advice but good luck!

Cristina said...

I love that picture of Amaya, she looks so grown up. I have no advice either good luck! Let me know how it goes.

Unknown said...

Good luck! Let me know how it goes and any tips you may have for me! :)

Rebecca said...

You already know my tips. And you already know that I think the earlier the better. So, yay! Good luck!

wyochatfields said...

I am impressed we have not even started with Kaden and Amaya is younger. Girls do catch on quicker I think. So good luck with the next one.

Jen said...

Good luck!

ME said...

Hi There! I am a 2nd cousin of Shad's...from Alton. His grandpa Dee and my grandpa are brothers. I am wondering if you have any contact information for his sister Wendy...does she have a blog? Can you please email me and let me know...I am hoping that I have the right person!

BTW, I really like your blog. Very Nice! Cute family!!

My email is-nanspencer@xpressweb.com

THANKS :)

Kade and Emily said...

Welp, good luck. I hope it all goes fantastically well!!

~jen said...

really cute panties seemed to provide inspiration to conquer that last plateau when the "potty dance" just didn't work anymore. (and for emergencies: keep a couple cans of diet coke on hand...teeheehee)

Erin Marriott said...

Hooray for Amaya!! She's such a big girl, and how cute that she said, "I be potty trained!" We did the whole carry-around-the-sipper-cup thing and set the timer for every 20 minutes and made her sit on the potty until she went. I did that straight for two days and she totally got it. Not one accident, but every child is different. Good luck!!