Wednesday, February 11, 2009



The other day I was getting Amaya out of the car in the early morning and the sun was shining bright on us.  It felt good and warm.

She said: "it's raining"

Me: "no, it's not raining, the sun is shining"

and then she ducts her neck down like it was "raining" sunshine on her

Amaya: "my hair is shining" 

Ella asks me questions all the time, so you know I don't always pay all of my attention to them, all of the time.  The other night she asks

"mommy, who is handsomer?  Daddy or Daddy?"

"Mmmmm, Daddy"

Ella:  "ha, ha, they're both handsome,  cause they're both Shad"

We got the game MarioKart for the Wii for Christmas.  We love it!  We love how it is a game that Ella gets to actually compete, and on the same level as at least Me.  Every now and then the same level as Shad. 

Well we were trying to get from the store to her Gymnastics class on time and she remarks:

"mom, we need fire in our car"

"fire?!"

"Yeah, so when we need to go faster we can"

She was referring to when you get those boxes and it gives you the mushroom boosters.  That would be pretty cool!

My funny weird kids, I L-O-V-E them!


7 comments:

Colorado Oldroyds said...

Kids do say the funniest things. I think the girls comments sound very intelligent. You can tell they are really trying to figure things out. Hang in there with being prego, just think you'll be cured very soon.:)

Stephanie said...

We also just got Mariokart for Wii! It's the only game that i can actually beat people on so i love it too.

Jessie said...

Ha we love Mario Kart. The sad thing is that Rawley passed the game before anyone. Pretty much on his own. Another good one for the record Ravmans Raving Rabbids TV Party. It is fabulous!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh I just love your blog!!! You just crack me up!! And reading your post about all the pregnancy unmentionables just reminded me of just how much it takes to get these sweet babies here. Being pregnant is seriously a tough job. I'm sorry about your "itchies", that is seriously the worst. With both my babies my right arm (I don't know why) itched like crazy and I totally know what kind of burn you're talking about. And then the insomnia...I wish we lived a little closer so I could take Amaya so you could take a nap. Your girls are so darling, and just think, soon this will all be over and you will have this sweet little boy in your arms! p.s. Your belly is adorable by the way!

Bringhursts said...

Yes, they are pretty dang cute. I also read your post about "How are you feeling?". I hated that question b/c I got asked it a million times a day when I was pregnant. It drove me CRAZY. How do you think I'm feeling? I feel like crap, I'm fat, I have heartburn, I have to pee, and I can't sleep at night. But the sad thing is, it's the first question I ask my pregnant friends. It's like word vomit and it just comes out every time I see them!

wyochatfields said...

Cute, just wait tell the next one comes along.

Kade and Emily said...

I think Ella is on to something. We could totally pimp out our passats. I think flames would be a nice addition.