Monday, February 23, 2009

What about Oscar?

I do really like the name Oscar for a boy, but Shad won't go for it. Maybe it can be the name of our next car.


Last night Shad and decided to do a little game of wager on the Academy Awards.  We went through each category and chose a winner from the nominees.  We each took a turn choosing first, because we weren't allowed to pick the same winner.  

When I went to bed I was losing horribly.  Shad got called to the hospital, and didn't get home until I was already asleep but when he came in he made a point to mention that I was LOSING!

In the morning, I had caught up, but not enough.  Shad won by choosing Slumdog Millionaire for every category it was a nominee.  I didn't think it would live up to all the hype, so I only chose it to win as Best Picture.

I now owe Shad 30 minutes of back rubbing.  Shoot!  I was really looking forward to a good back massage.

Like this guy needs anything else to hold over my head.  
The man already knows all my secrets, faults and shortcomings.
He already kills me at MarioKart, Trivia games, let's not even talk about guessing the name of the band that sings whatever song comes on the radio.

ah well, I still like him a whole lot.

5 comments:

Christopher said...

It could be worse. You could be right ALL the time and be stuck with a not-as-smart-hubby. =P

Rebecca said...

I think, as competitive as he is, that Shad should concede and let you have the backrub!

Jessie said...

Yeah I have the same problem! Therefore I have decided that making a wager with my husband unless I am absolutely 100% sure I am right is not a good idea!

Jen said...

Allison, you guys sound like Mike and I. However, Mike has had to give me a massage or two along the way. Oh, how it feels good to be right every now and then!!

~jen said...

I totally love Oscar! (that was the runner up to Henry...just didn't fit at the time) try a hand rub sometime...puts my little guy to sleep during church, teeheehee