Friday, March 20, 2009

We're Home!

I said it before I'll say it again, I love being home.

Well he finally came, I say finally because the last 2 weeks were really brutal on my body, mind and spirit.

His name is Dashle DeMar Roundy, or Dash. We are already smitten with him, every one of us. His head is perfectly shaped and is covered in dirty blonde, and blue eyes.

Sleeping peacefully.

Amaya was really unsure of all this.

Ella jumped right in, a true big sister.




We left home to take the girls to a friend's house, thanks again Mary, at 6:35 pm.  
We got to the hospital at 7:30 pm.  
We got into my Labor and delivery room at 9:30 pm and 
he was born at 9:35 pm. 
 

You know those clips in the movies where they are wheeling the laboring screaming woman down the hall of the hospital on a guerney?  You say to yourself that doesn't really happen, well it did to me.  At about 8:00 pm I was saying to Shad about every 10 minutes "I want my epidural".  That didn't hurry anyone any faster. The triage Dr and nurse said they didn't really believe I was in labor because my contractions never regulated and I seemed so comfortable.

What?! I asked if they were being sarcastic, they said no that I wasn't yelling so I didn't seem to be laboring very hard.  I'm sorry, I have to yell at you so you know that I am in pain.  I have to yell to get what I want? Why ask what my stupid pain level is then? What's wrong with that?  What happened to you get more flies with honey?  By the time they decided I was in labor, duh, and they should admit me, duh, duh, my water broke 30 seconds later.

Shad saw the nurse anesthitist in the hall and said to come on in, we're next.  He looked at Shad and said it's too late for anything.  Aaaaarrrgh!!!! 

Well he still got here, whether I was as comfortable as I wanted to be or not.  Really in the end that's what I wanted, him here.


He's got the Roundy ear.  I have seen my MIL inspect my babies before looking for this.

He's perfect.

25 comments:

Me said...

Congratulations!!!! I am a big fan of boys (obviously). What a cutie. Glad you are home and he is doing well. Congrats again!

Emily said...

Little Dash. That is so cute!! He is a beautiful baby. I can't believe how fast he came, that is so exciting.

Mariam said...

Here I come!!!

Julie Robinson said...

Oh he is perfect!!! Congrats! You have joined the club of natural childbirthers :)

pinkfrostycookies said...

Hooray! We're so happy he is here and that you survived. Great birthing story! I feel your pain. So worth it! What a cute little guy! We look forward to meeting him.

Christopher said...

congrats!!!!

I'm so happy for you guys. What's Shad gonna do with a boy??

Camille said...

Congratulations! What a handsome little guy. Hooray for boys! Glad you made it through all that. The things we do for our kids huh? :-)

everything petersen said...

Congrats! You enjoy every minute with him. Hope your feeling a lot better.

Jessie said...

Beautiful you guys! Love the name too! Good luck with raising a boy I think it might be a little change from girls.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for pictures!!

What a sweet little thing he is! Congratulations!

Love the name too!

Elaine said...

He's beautiful! Congratulations! I'm so glad he came and put you out of your misery!

Kade and Emily said...

Ha ha! The Roundy ear. Maryn has it. What a cute round head! I love it, and I can't wait to hold him!

wyochatfields said...

Congratulations, he is cute!!! We can't wait to see him.

Rebecca said...

He IS perfect. I can't wait to play with him!

Bringhursts said...

Congratulations! He is ADORABLE.

Beth said...

We have a similar ear in our family...we must be related somewhere down the line. He's a Cutie.

Cristina said...

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful. Can't wait to meet him.

Stephanie said...

What a handsome little baby!! Congratulations! We wish we could be out there to meet the little guy.

Jen said...

What a cute little guy and I LOVE his name. He will be loved and hug by his cute sisters over and over again. What a cutie. Congratulations guys!

Unknown said...

Seriously!?!? Why don't they listen to the lady who has already had 2 and just give you the epidural when you want it. I'm sorry. That stinks. Now that you've done it though, do you think you'll go natural again?

He is adorable!!

Lindsey said...

He's beautiful!! Can't wait to see him! Sorry the delivery was a nightmare! It doesn't make me very excited to have a baby there.

Jackie said...

congrats!! He is beautiful!!! I wish I could have gotten over to see him before I leave, but I guess it'll have to wait til I get back...congrats again!!

momoftheyear20never said...

Ahhh, so glad to see you are doing well. I'm sure Shad will be happy to have a little "halo" partner. Chris says to tell him he cheats.

Erin Marriott said...

Oh my goodness he is beautiful!! I am so glad he is healthy and everything went well...except for those dumb nurses not thinking you needed your epidural yet!! Seriously. I too, am kind of a 'silent' endurer, and that just makes me mad that they don't think you are in true pain just because you're not screaming like every other woman next door. So I'm sorry you had to do it natural, it's really tough. Sounds like you handled it like a champ, and I'm truly so happy for you guys!! Can't wait to meet the little guy! And the name Dash? Precious.

~jen said...

Yeah! He is SUCH a beautiful baby!! He looks like he fits perfectly with your family, and I love the name! Boys let you fall in love again. (btw, one of my favorite hospital questions, "So, what are you here for?" Uhm, are you serious?! that's no watermelon up the shirt, lady...) Glad you got to the delivery room in time for his debut, you sweet, silent laborer. They should want more patients like you!