Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Addictions

Some may remember that I started on the road to give up Diet Coke last June.  I finally suceeded around October.  I have not had another Diet Coke since then, yay me!  I feel I should confess that I am not completely caffeine free.  I am drinking Dr. Pepper now, though I don't feel as I am addicted to it.  I don't feel I have to have one first thing in the morning and I don't think about having one all day.  I am going to try and stop drinking those too.  After I conquer my next item on the list.

I am only 7 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight and I feel great about that.  I haven't been able to get back into my jeans yet, my hips haven't gone back to their normal size.  I am okay with that because it's only been 2 weeks and the scale is being nice to me.

I have been taking note of what I am eating during the day and sugar is HIGH on the list.  I think this is going to put a serious damper on my weight loss.  

So onto the next addiction... chocolate.  I fed the rest of the brownies to the girls last night before bed to get them out of my sight.  Hopefully this one won't take 4 months to accomplish.




So in the words of James Blunt 
"Goodbye my Lover. 
Goodbye my Friend. 
You have been the one.  
You have been the one for me."


Because this blog is titled Roundies and not Allisons here are a couple of pics of the kiddies.


10 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'll take whatever chocolate you have left over and again, I need to hold your baby.

Kade and Emily said...

What?? You only have 7 lbs?? I'm still working on 10....and that was from a now 8 month old baby! So not fair.

Unknown said...

Wow! Good for you--I don't know how much you gained, but if I am only 7 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight after 2 wks I will be SOO happy. Mostly because that will mean that I can move again :)

~jen said...

Yeah, I was that way after #2, and then a week later I'd gained about 10# back. Grr! Good idea to get rid of the chocolate while you've still got a chance.

Jessie said...

Must be nice to drop the weight so quickly! My baby is 21 months old and I am still working on the last 10. Have fun with getting rid of the chocolate! That would be so hard for me!

Julie Robinson said...

Haven't you already been there done that with Dr. Pepper hmmmmm?

wyochatfields said...

Good Job Allison, I am proud of you! Keep up the good work.

Bringhursts said...

WHAT! My baby is a year old and I'm still working on the weight. Now I'm depressed!

Jen said...

I can't handle diet coke anymore. It tastes so icky to me. I have moved on to diet pepsi. :) Way to go with your goal of quiting. I love Dr. Pepper too. All in moderation I guess. Happy birthday to Ella. Oh, and I will NEVER give up chocolate. Sweet kiddos you have.

Erin Marriott said...

That is amazing that you are only 7 LBS away!! It took me so long to get back into my jeans. Hooray for you!!! I'm sure you look great!