Friday, April 3, 2009

Ella turns 6

The other day I looked at Shad and asked "Can you believe she's going to be six this week?"  He said "She's a third of the way out here"  then he paused and said "if she stays just how she is, that's kind of sad to think about".

Our girl, the one that made us parents is SIX!  I don't know why I can't just be happy about it, it makes me sad.  I keep telling her that I completely banned her from having another birthday and from growing anymore.  She just smirks at me in her knowing way.  How can one little girl have so much light, maturity, sensibility, sensitivity, beauty, silliness, and fun inside of her.



She started out a little chub ball, so easy to pinch and kiss.


That smirk on her face is saying, I know I've got this guy wrapped around my little finger.


Bright eyes!


This is how she played peek-a-boo, by covering her ears, I loved it!


I don't really know what she is doing in this one, but it makes me smile inside and out.



5 years later and he's still wrapped around the finger, it's just a bit bigger finger now.


SuperStar!

Ella, you should know your mom and dad completely adore you, and they have since you were a tiny baby.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday to Ella!

Jessie said...

Awww Happy Birthday Ella! I still remember her as that little chubby Ball!

Meg said...

Happy Birthday Ella!

wyochatfields said...

Happy B-day Ella! Six is a great age, there are days I wish that I was your age.

Erin Marriott said...

Oh I can't believe she is 6!!! She is seriously such a beautiful little girl. Happy Birthday Ella!