Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I don't like it when I feel I have nothing to blog about.

Shad brought me some flowers last night. He has been feeling bad about all the hours he has been at work. It has been a really long time since he has surprised me with flowers. And I think you can get a feeling of how I have been thinking when I tell you after the initial "oh that's sweet, thank you", my thought was "that puts one more thing on my list of things to do tonight, find a vase to put them in." How terrible of me to find something bad about receiving flowers from my husband.

About a week ago Ella had a day off from school and my friend Rebecca and I wanted to take the kids somewhere fun. We took them to Chick Fil A and then to a jumping place. It was a really fun day. Cristina and Ethan went with us.
Amaya and her friend Ethan would jump on this part of the dinosaur at the same time going different directions. I thought it was both cute and funny.

I hate my picture being taken, but I love that my girls will have picture of me with them. I love how messy their hair is, it says how hard they played.


We have some friends that have a boat and often invite us to go with them. It is so fun for us as a family and the kids are really well behaved. The last time out Shad tried his hand a slalom skiing. He says he won't ever go back to two skiis. I have also been wanting to learn to do it with one ski. I always hesitate though, because I don't want anyone to waste their time out while I struggle to get up.

He looks pretty good.

Ella like to hang onto the knee board and get dragged by the boat. She just loves being out there, just like her mom.

Amaya is really good on the boat and will often jump in to swim.

Somebody give me something to blog about so my next post isn't so boring.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Well I wasn't bored. Do you have some pictures to email me? This was the best list I could think of

1. all the things you will miss about NC
2. fun ideas/things you've done with the young women
3. how great your friend Rebecca is (hey, how'd that get in there!?)
4. the new bag you're making
5. top 5 items in your home you couldn't live without
6. being co-chief's wife
7. modeling your new dress for your sister's wedding
8. your plans for fall break
9. pictures of you
10. all the things you'll miss about your house

Unknown said...

Yes, Rebecca has some great things for you to blog about. I am interested in all of those things.

When is Lindsay's wedding anyway?

Love the pics of you.

So nice of Shad to get you flowers!! I don't remember the last time I got flowers either, but I do know it was before I had kids so at least 2.5 years. Sorry he has been working so much. That really is hard and crappy.

Allison said...

So.....in 5 years- when Allison gets flowers again- they're coming in a vase.--Shad

Rebecca said...

Shad, my almost cousin, I take flowers and don't discriminate based on vased or not vased.

Anonymous said...

Slalom is much more fun than two ski's. Easier to do tricks but it takes a little longer to get up. Definitely worth a shot!

I would like to see this new bag. I could use inspiration for a project that would take less than a week to finish!

Anica said...

Rebecca's comments crack me up!

I know how you feel about having your picture taken with your kids, but when I look back at the mere five years I've been a Mom, I am grateful for the ones I have with my kids.

wyochatfields said...

I think it was a good post! Can't wait to see you in 3 weeks.

Kade and Emily said...

I thought it was a great post! I so wasn't bored. And, I love it when you post pictures of yourself...it makes me miss you more!
Oooo--I think you should do a post of your 3 favorite pictures of yourself.
So I totally have the same thought with the vase. Kade knows this...so he has stopped buying me flowers.

Erin Marriott said...

Okay first of all, your blog is NEVER boring, I actually always get such a kick out of your cute sarcasm and funny stories! And with kids as adorable as yours, how could THEY be boring? I love the list from your friend Rebecca. Maybe I need to hear about some of this stuff...new bag you're making...see, you're so crafty, and I'm still wanting to learn how to make your aprons from Valentine's towels for my girls...maybe we should make a day of it. And when is Lindsay's wedding? How exciting. And I'm the same way with pictures of myself, because I'm so not photogenic, but I figure it is what it is...and it's the memories that count. You look great, Allison. Honestly, after my third I'll be coming to you for advice. You really look great. I need to call you...we are back from our trip now, and I'd love to get together with you guys!