Monday, September 28, 2009

UTAH!!!!

Well they did it, they're hitched. Lindsay and Jeremy married on Friday. Whew what a day it turned into.

My family (except Cameron's and Lindsay, she was getting gussied up) all met for the continental breakfast at the hotel and then we took the kids swimming. After swimming we all divided and conquered. Not sure what Mariam's family did. But Shad drove us on his run route and then we met Kiley and Christy for lunch at Costa Vida (think Cafe Rio).

Then we rushed back to the hotel to gussy ourselves up for the Temple. What a beautiful place the Salt Lake Temple is. I'd never been inside, my BIL informs me technically I still haven't because we just went to the sealing rooms. But as we were walking out I saw a corridor that made me want to go back and just wander the beautiful rooms.

I am so happy for Lindsay she looked radiant and happy and glowing and every other good attribute out there.

I got to meet a new aunt, my uncle Richard married Charon last year and she is just lovely. Just like everyone said she is.

I got to see my only surviving grandparent Nana and got a picture of me and my girls with her. Dash was asleep. And I let sleeping babies lie.

In true Allison form, I didn't get alot of pictures. I'll share the ones I did get as soon as I get them downloaded on my computer.

After the Temple we went to a lucheon at This is the Place Monument. YUMMY FOOD.

And then back to the Hotel to get the reception clothes on. We looked HOT! My sister got a family picture of us and I can't wait to see it.

The reception was fun. I saw and caught up with a lot of family I just don't hear from or about that often. The refreshements was a chocoalte bar, oh my. I proudly say I did not partake. I saved myself for a piece of the wedding cake and I am so glad I did. It was delicious.

Finally at 9:30 pm (remember that's 11:30 pm our time) we went back to the Hotel and plopped the chillun's in bed. I think Shad's eyes shut 2 minutes after his head hit the pillow. It was an awesome day, a big thanks to my parents for funding it all.

Saturday, wasn't any slower for us. We spent it with the Roundy side this time. We met Kent and Hilary and their family, Gene and Lenora-FIL and MIL, and Kade at a NAMI walk. Three miles carrying a baby is a little hard (I'll blame it on the altitude and that I am not used to it). We then drove to Orem so Kade could get Emily and their kids and meet us for luch at the Old Spaghetti Factory (here's where my healthy eating took a turn for the worse). It was Shad's oldest nephew's birthday and he was turning 16, he picked the restaurant. After making a glutten of myself, we went over the Kent and Hil's and played some serious Nertz and had pizza (another awful part for my waistline) for dinner. After Dash had had it, we decided it was time to leave at 9:00 pm and headed back to SLC for our hotel.

Shad had to be at the airport at 5:30 am the next morning. I decided to drive him myself and then directly head the 3 + hours to my parents' house. I was exhausted when I arrived. After church I slept two hours as did Ella and Dash and Amaya slept 3.

Though I miss my hubby and wish he was here, I am now enjoying the cool weather and the moutain view.

6 comments:

Jessie said...

HeHe Nertz, I love that game!! Used to play all the time with Pat but he would always win so I stopped! Enjoy the rest of your Vacay! Oh you know we are only 10 hours away, you should come for a visit!

Unknown said...

I'm excited to see pics!

wyochatfields said...

I wish we could have spent more time with you guys, maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

Take a photo of those mountains for me. I miss looking at them...not so much hiking them.

I went to the SLC temple for a sealing once then was supposed to go with my VT companion on her first trip. Instead, I got a ticket and missed the entire session. Bummer of a day.

Glad to see you've posted and look forward to the hot and juicy pics!

Stan and Mel said...

can't wait to see the pictures. Nertz...huh, I forgot about that game. I will have to play it sometime soon.

Kade and Emily said...

I hope to see lots of pics of the beautiful bride!!
It was great to see you guys! I wish we could have stayed longer. Ailee was pretty unhappy about the 8.5 hour drive home, and she let us know it.