Saturday, October 31, 2009

Ella's First Grade Field Trip

Ella's class was going to a farm for their field trip. Her teacher told me that parents could come if they wanted. Of course I wanted. I wanted to see Ella on her trip and I wanted to take Amaya to the farm too.

It was such a cute farm. The workers were all so happy and friendly. I was very pleased with their presentations of farm living and their lessons on what is grown on their farm. Soy beans, corn, and cotton. They also had some animals to show the children with the fun puppet they called Uncle Gene. They saw a sheep, a goat, a chicken, and a pig. They had the children sing Old MacDonald's farm to introduce each animal. Later we saw horses, cows, and an ox. They gave a "hay" ride on wagons pulled by tractors.





2 comments:

everything pink! said...

thanks for your great advice.

Jen said...

Allison, I loved your little post below this one. Being a parent is hard dang it!! I've been grumpy all morning trying to understand why my family can't just pick up after themselves and do their chores correctly!! No garbage behind the bed, dirty clothes crammed in a corner somewhere, etc.... would be nice. That girls explanation of parenthood was spot on..

Thanks goodness I can remind myself of the good things so I can get through the yuck!!! Cute post.