Do you ever think it would just be easier to remove a couple of treasured items and your kids of course from the house and then set the rest on fire to just start over? Do you just get so tired of the long list of things that need to be done that you are making in your head, you wish a Fairy Godmother that reads minds would read yours and secretly cross all of those things off your list?
Do you ever wish that you were independently wealthy just so you could see your husband 100 hours a week and the rest of the hours that you aren't seeing him he is out buying you flowers and planning the next greatest present? I'd settle for a man that only works 40 hours a week and helps out when he gets home (this isn't to say Shad doesn't help when he gets home, he does).
Do you ever have a day when the husband is home and everything is as chaotic as usual, but it seems better just because you have someone to share it with?
Have you ever wished you could reach into your baby's mouth and pop all the teeth out so they poke out of their gums just right and that's the end of teething?
I have.
On another note: I asked Ella to sit Dash for 10 minutes and I would pay her $2. She immediately went to do as I asked. After it was all said and done I said
"do you want your money?"
She replies "you can keep your money."
I looked at her and said "oh, Ella, do you know what that's called?"
She says "yeah, serving".
I said "I am so proud of you".
She is seriously the best kid in the whole wide world. No one has ever existed that is like this one. Man oh Man.
And on another note (actually it is a lot like the first note, but much more worth reading that drabble you just suffered through).
A very funny parent commentary here.
10 comments:
That is perhaps the cutest thing ever! Um...I hope that my kids will be that sweet! It tells a lot about you as a parent! I feel ya on having crazy chaos days! Your kids are beautiful!
PS...I've been following your blog ever since you wrote on mine! I have heard a lot about you from Greg so it's fun to see a face to put with all of the funny stories that he has of all you guys!
PPS...just read that link you posted and I am laughing so hard i am crying! HILARIOUS and absolutely true!
yes...I've had days like that...lots and lots...but it is the sweet things they say that make it all worth it. Hang in there!
I would watch your kids for money...just sayin'
Sorry that I was one of the ones calling you yesterday and I hope that today is much better!
Glad you liked Julie over at Joy's Hope. I love her blog!!
I am happy to know that I am not the only one that feels like that sometimes.
I feel your pain, I told Elisha today that I wanted a nanny or a manny hey I'm not picky :) Ella is too cute what a great helper.
Yes yes yes - I do wish those things.
Ella is adorable and seriously an angel. CAn I borrow her?
That parent commentary was hilarious. Especially because of the day I'm having today...
Got Marley ready for the day - hair & clothes. While I'm feeding Jake, she proceeds to pull all clothes out of her closet and change into pjs. I finish feeding him and put her back in clothes and we head to the mall for a halloween sing-a-long @ PBK. When we get there i ask if she needs to go potty. "No." 3 minutes later she starts playing with a pretend kitchen and pees all over the floor. We drive home and skip the other errands I was planning on doing. I change Marley and take Jake in to feed and put to bed. When i come out she has gotten a black marker and drawn all over her face, hands, and bed. She also has pooped her pants.
Can this day be over??
8 more months until HOPEFULLY you have more of a husband :) Yes, it does make a difference having another adult home.
Amen to all of it! You make me laugh though.
I can say yes to just about every one of these. Kayla is teething and I want to just slit her gum's open to help her out!!! So gross I know but I really hate teething.
What a sweet kid Ella is. I hope my kids are like her.
I would set fire to: the TV.
Post a Comment