Tonight was a good night. I got home and immediately started cleaning in the kitchen Amaya ate her dinner, Ella did her homework, and Dash sat in his high chair snacking. I was able to make pumpkin muffins (so easy, so yummy), and sweep the floor. Afterwards I plopped the chilluns in the tub and got them clean. Just as we were walking through the family room, Amaya asked when daddy would be home. I was assuming that it was going to be late again, meaning around 8:30 or 9:00, but I was TOTALLY wrong. In that minute the garage door went up and we were happily surprised to see the man of the house on a Monday night. He came in he played, he tickled, he tossed kids, he talked to them about their day, and he got to see Dash do this...
Yay, for Dash and finally crawling after 6 weeks of teasing us that it was going to take off at any moment, he finally did.
And a treat for you. My friend Mary gave me this recipe and it is sooo yummy!
Pumpkin Muffins
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 can pumpkin puree
1 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1/4 t ground cloves
Mix all together until smooth. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Mary says she puts the eggs and oil that the cake mix box calls for, and likes them better that way. I didn't want the added fat (Mary needs the fat) so I added the eggs and then applesauce in place of oil.
Shad's commentary: "there's something wrong with these muffins.... they taste better without butter on them". I think that's a gleaming recommendation.
5 comments:
Yay for the cutest fuzzy headed baby ever!
He's growing so fast...I'm going to try the recipe...looks yummy and easy.
It looks like Dashle will be all over the place before you know it.
Look at him go...and so happy about it! He may start walking before Ailee does. ugh.
YAAAAY! I'm so excited for Dash!
Post a Comment