Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My baby is missing


My wonderfully happy-go-lucky baby is missing. He's been replaced by an irate maniac.

Dash is trying to cut more teeth and he isn't the only one suffering. He's getting up three times at night and screaming as loud as his lungs will let him. He doesn't want to finish a bottle. Making meal times drawn out with a lot of whining.

I don't know what to do with this kid anyway, as far as he's not sleeping through the night yet. He did for about a week back in September and then we went to Utah ruining that dream lifestyle. Now he will only sleep through the night maybe, maybe once a week. I am getting REALLY grumpy having to get up every night to attend to a baby that is almost 9 1/2 months old.

I keep wanting to do the whole "cry it out" thing, but all the literature says to make sure baby is healthy. He's been battling intermittently teething and a cold since the end of October.

I am so over getting up with my baby in the middle of the night that I don't think I can do it anymore. I don't have compassion for him, and I get mad. I know how dumb it sounds, getting mad at a 9 month old because he needs some reassurance in the middle of the night. BUT I AM TIRED!!!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

You should just get rid of him. Sell him on eBay or something. He's cute, I bet you could get a good price. ...Or I guess you could endure it a little longer. Sorry.

Roundy Clan said...

Kayla had been sleeping through the night and starting cutting some teeth and did the same thing. She screams bloody murder until you go get her and then wouldn't take her bottle unless she was snuggled up to me just right. Crazy kids. I DO let her cry it out but I know exactly what her cry sounds like when she isn't going to go back to sleep until you come get her. Sorry AL! It sucks

wyochatfields said...

Good Luck!!!

Kade and Emily said...

Sorry, Al. That's the pits. Have you tried giving him motrin/tylenol before bed?

Pope family said...

Rebecca is right- he is pretty cute!! Hopefully it won't last much longer- good luck.

Stephanie said...

Teething is the worst! Just know that you are not the only one being driven insane....wish I could help! I hope things get better soon!