Amaya was an awesome 2-year-old she fulfilled the stereotypes perfectly.
Here she is on her last night being two. Isn't she just the cutest?
My picture with the 3-year-old birthday girl.
For the day we went to lunch at McDonald's with some friends and then came home to wait for Daddy to come home so the party could begin. We had Spaghetti for dinner (Amaya's request). She also requested a Strawberry Shortcake Cake. She probably wanted me to buy one, but instead I made a Strawberry Jello Cake with Cool Whip topping and Sprinkles. I did put some strawberry shortcake characters on it for her.
We got her a play kitchen for her birthday and I kept it hidden until we could give it to her after Shad came home. Unfortunately Amaya had followed Ella into my closet and saw it. Of course it no longer lay in wait, but was immediately/secretly played with. Shad pulled it out when he got home. Ella picked out some princess jammies for Amaya and wanted to give them to her for her birthday. Amaya loved them and had to change out of the jammies that we put her in to wear the princess ones.
Overall I think she felt special and loved. My intent for every day, but seem to only really fulfill it on birthdays.
Amaya, you are "my girl". You tell me everyday "I'm your girl, mommy", and I love it. You are so easy to love and have fun with. You are very smart and funny. I can't wait to see what you become, it's going to be something special I can tell. But I hope that time doesn't go too fast, because I want to hold you for as long as I can. I love you.
6 comments:
Happy B-day Amaya, Good luck Allison with your new wonderful 3 year old!!!!
Happy Birthday Amaya. Being 3 is so much fun!
Happy Birthday, Amaya. I can remember the day you were born, I thought your name was Ally, and I was giant pregnant then too. I have loved being your friend for three whole years, even if they named you Amaya.
I made Morgan a strawberry shortcake cake and Charley asked for the same too! I'm over pink cakes for another year. Ethan even said they smelled pink. Haha!
Maybe I can convince them of the medicinal benefits of good, dark chocolate for the next round? :)
Happy birthday to the buddy Charley descended with from the heavens!
Happy Birthay, Amaya Dear!
Ya know, Al, you should tell her things like, "All 3 year olds pick up their toys." or "3 year olds don't cry." or "3 year olds like to vacuum the family room."
May this be the best year, ever!
I don't believe it? No way is she three.
I still remember the little baby the screams her head off and boy what a scream that was. I hope the three year old in her has out grown that scream.
Post a Comment