I felt like this decade came in without much talk of it. Especially since the last was the dreaded Y2K. I wanted to sum up the decade instead of just 2009, I read another blogger do this.
The 2000's started with Shad and me engaged. We rang in the new year on Shad's parent's couch, because Shad was "under the weather". Earlier that day he'd been skiing with his little brother Cody and they were working on their 360's. On one attempt, Shad wiped out and then blacked out. He came to, and then came home. I made dinner for us and Shad kept going to sleep. Knowing what we know now, It wasn't very smart of us to not take this incident more seriously... Oh well, he survived with minimal brain damage.
To sum up what we did in the last 10 years:
* We got married in the St. George Temple
*We moved to Louisville
*Bought Shad a car a 2000 Hyundai Elantra
*Kade got married, Emily-what would I've done without her
*Made awesome friends and attended an awesome ward in Kentucky
*Allison worked at Ford Credit
*We went on a trip to New York City
*Ella was born
*Bought Allison a new car a 2003 Volkswagen Passat, AKA Linus (a great car to drive)
*Cody got married, Yay Katie
*Went to Disneyland with Shad's sister Wendy's family
*Both of Allison's grandfather's passed away
*Shad graduated Dental School
*Shad went to Officer's Basic Course
*We moved to Fayetteville
*Bought our first house
*We made equally awesome friends and found another awesome ward in North Carolina
*Visited the Outer Banks (we recommend this vacation)
*Shad started an OMFS residency
*Amaya was born
*Ella started Pre-Kindergarten, and Kindergarten, and First grade.
*Ella did T-ball, gymnastics, swimming lessons and Coach's Pitch
*Amaya did swimming lessons
*Shad started his 3rd decade of life
*We discovered new hobbies such as indoor rock climbing, running (Shad more than Allison), shopping (Allison more than Shad)
*Shad did a rotation in Houston for 3 months
*We bought Allison another new car a 2008 Honda Odyssey, a spacious car.
*Dashle was born
*Sold our house
*Lindsay got married, good thing too Jeremy was starting to become an old maid
*We fell in LOVE with the beach and the ocean
*States visited: Ohio, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nevada, California, New Jersey, South Carolina, Georgia, New York, Texas, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, North Carolina, Utah and Washington D.C. (not listed: states we were just passing through)
We said goodbye to this decade at our friends' the Carey's house, with many other of the best friends (the Newcomers, the Grames, the Davidsons, the Mackeys, the Popes) we have made here. It was a great night with lots and lots of laughter. I almost want to cry thinking of it, just because I know we won't get to be at that annual party again next year with all those people. I am trying so hard not to say good-bye already, but it's always there in the back of my mind... I am going to miss this place and these people.
Whew, it was a ride. Bring on the next 10 years.




5 comments:
I loved this post!
Who is that tan baby you are passing off as Ella? And Shad entered his 3rd decade of life, that was said so cleverly. (Like that word? Cleverly?) I especially like the pics of Amaya and Dash.
I love that you have a blog and that even though you will leave soon, I will know how to find you! Come back any time you like!
When you list it like that you have been busy.
Nice post, Al. I may have to copy. Though, I don't think my life is nearly as interesting.
So cool. So cool that you and Shad have been together for the last decade. Seriously, time goes so fast in retrospect. I have to tell myself that when things get tough in the now. :)
That was a fun read! What an awesome decade. It's got me thinking.
Post a Comment