Thursday, February 18, 2010

10:30 pm Finally zombied-out enough to go to bed.

11:30 pm Dash starts fussing, go in sway and rock for 20 min.

11:56 pm Had enough of staying strong and give Dash a bottle to go back to sleep

12:00-12:45 I struggle to go back to sleep

12:50 am Feel a small hand poke me in the back, get up take Amaya back to her bed, get her a drink and check that she doesn't need to go potty. No, no need to go potty.

2:00 am Amaya is back, I ask her if she just wants to lay on our floor to go back to sleep, she does. I ask her if she needs to go potty. She went before coming to our room. (Last week she went when she got to our bed, yuck).

4:55 am Dash fusses again. I lay him back down and give him his binki and blankie and walk out. Crying ensues, then quiet.

5:30 am Dash is fussing again. I lay him down and give him his binki and blankie and walk out. Crying ensues, then quiet

6:00 am Dash fusses again. I leave him alone and try to ignore it. Screaming ensues, then quiet.

6:30 am Ella is up and asks to watch cartoons, Amaya pops her head up off the floor and wants to watch too. I tell Ella to keep the volume quiet.

Next 1/2 hour I have a nightmare that a gang leader has a hit out on me and I have to pack up our family and get out of town.

6:55 am I get up to start getting Ella ready for the day.

6:59 am Dash starts fussing. I get him up.

I think Dash is hurting from teething. I don't know what Amaya is doing up 2 times in the night.

I think I will stay home today and hopefully I'll get a nap.

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

Seriously sounds like my nights! Isabel gets up 2+ times a night, every night. We just started trying bribing..."If you don't cry or get out of bed and wake Mommy/Daddy up tonight, you can have some candy after breakfast." We'll see if it ever starts to work. It usually just ensures tears in the morning when she doesn't get her treat. If you find something that works, PLEASE! Clue me in!

Colorado Oldroyds said...

If not a nap, then a Diet Coke or two.:)

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

Oh girl, we're sleepless twinsies!

Liam STILL doesn't sleep through the night ( and even still wants the bottle a few times at night) and I'm so tired that I just don't want to waste an hour or so at 2am while he screams it out. It's such a vicious cycle. And at 4am , ZOE of all people showed up to sleep in my bed with me!

This too shall pass. This too shall pass. :)
Hope you got a nap!!!

Rebecca said...

Aw. I hope tonight is better. You could always bring your kids here; I would ignore them for you!

Unknown said...

Your kids sound horrible familiar. After four kids and trying EVERYTHING I've decided it's genetic, not mothering. When I have a kid under 18 months at least half of my nights are like that. Good luck!

wyochatfields said...

When it rains it pours doesn't it. Tonight is going to be your night. Get some rest.

Cristina said...

I hope you were able to get your nap.

Stephanie said...

I think you deserve a medal and a trip to the spa for making it through the night and managing to keep your sanity!

Kade and Emily said...

You are a good mom. I think my eyes would turn red and I would grow horns.

CareyClan said...

Wow- looks like your nightmare was the highlight of your night;)

Jen said...

Oh, the life of a mother!! That will be me here in about 7 months with a newborn!!

If I was there, I'd take your cuties for a whole day so you could just be lazy, sleep or do whatever you want to do. I hope you have some better nights!!!