Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Disney World day 1

We drove down to Florida Monday with our good friends and distant relatives the Newcomers and stayed in a hotel not too far from the park. Tuesday we got up and got moving to go to the Magic Kingdom. We stopped at the Hotel to check in and park our cars. Then boarded the Monorail to take us over to the park. I felt such anticipation to be there and have what fun was to be had.

There is a waterfall fountain in the lobby of the Polynesian Resort where we stayed.

They gave us all leis when we checked in. The kids can feel the excitement too.

Not sure what Ella's doing here, but it looks like "It's hot, but I'm happy anyway".


I love the expression on Amaya's face, she does this look all the time. I also love that there's a sticker stuck to the bottom of her flip-flop. Amaya LOVES stickers, and they gave her about a dozen at the hotel.

Dash is saying "Disney World rocks." At least that's what I heard.

On our way out of the park we got ice cream. It was so hot that the ice part was melting and fast.


While we were setting up rooms and getting ready to go to the pool, Ella, Kaylee, Ephram and Amaya were playing and laying on the grass outside our rooms.

Off to the Pool.


Amaya spent most of her time in the splash pad. She loved the the zero entry pool and kept running in and out of the water giggling.

Dash didn't really like the water at first. He soon warmed up to it and walked circles around me while I sat in the shallow end.

We had dinner at the Ohana the restaurant in the hotel. It was such yummy food with pineapple rolls and coconut butter. Appetizers were potstickers and sweet wings. then they brought us roasted broccoli and sweet peas, and noodles. The main course was meat they brought around on sticks. The best was the shrimp and pork.
and to finish they served banana bread pudding. I had to write it all down so I could remember how delicious it was. If anyone is going to Disney World they HAVE to get dinner at the Ohana.

5 comments:

AGoodKindOfCrazy said...

Oh man, you've got me wanting some pot stickers and those delicious looking ice cream cones now!!!

Sounds like you're having FUN!!!

Rebecca said...

I love seeing the vacation through your eyes. I love seeing my kids in the background of your photos. I love dinner at the Ohana. I love Disney World!!

Cristina said...

What precious smiles on your kids faces, the pure excitement and joy! Great pictures can't wait to see more!

Elaine said...

Oh my! This looks like so much fun! I love Disney World too! Some of our best memories... Glad you had a good time and got to go before you leave the East Coast.

wyochatfields said...

Man looks like quit the vacation, I love the picture of ella without any teeth.