For Day 4 we went back to the Magic Kingdom to redo the rides we wanted, such as Buzz Lightyear and the rides we had not gone on yet, such as Dumbo. I had to have my kids go on Dumbo, because I knew it was one Amaya could ride and I remember going on it with my little sister and my dad when my older siblings left to ride on "big kid" rides.
I think everyone at the park had the same idea that morning. We waited a ridiculously long time for this short ride. Amaya loved it though, she got to control the up and down in our elephant and Ella got to ride by herself.
I can't get enough of the pictures from behind, it's so cute seeing the anticipation written on their body language.
We had a very relaxing day we played in toon town and saw Mickey and Minnie's house. Amaya didn't want to leave Minnie's. We let the kids play for a while in a little playground, then hopped on the train for a ride around the park.
We said good-bye to the Magic Kingdom on this day. We headed to Hollywood Studios. We wanted to get a jump on that park so we could leave for home a little earlier the next day.
I really wanted a picture of Dash with the character Dash from the Incredibles. They didn't have him though. Only Mr. Incredible. I was really disappointed that they didn't have any Dash merchandise. Oh well.
Finally a Mickey Mouse encounter.
We stayed to watch a couple of shows The Little Mermaid and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and have dinner. Then we went back to the hotel to go swimming one more time before we checked out the next morning. Shad and I took all the kids to the pool. Randy and Rebecca had to make an important phone call. Randy was called to be the 1st counselor in our bishopric while he was on vacation at Disney World, too funny.
The next morning we got up and checked out. I felt a little sad that it was all going to be over.
We went back to Hollywood Studios to do what we didn't get to do the night before. We were told that the Toy Story ride was a must. And it is! We had so much fun. The wait time said 50 minutes, but the fast passes were for too late in the day so we had to wait. It actually only took us 20 minutes to get through the line, and it was set up so fun. All the toys were huge and made you feel like you were tiny. Mr. Potato Head was mechanical and even talked to Dallin.
We hit the Tower of Terror, the Beauty and the Beast show and tried to do the Rockin' Rolla- Coaster, but it had ridiculous wait times so we opted out on that one.
We went to Downtown Disney on the way out of town and got some souvenirs. Shad didn't want anything, he was happy to be leaving. Ella got a stuffed Mickey Mouse. Amaya got a Sleeping Beauty doll, which she has slept with almost every night since. Dash had his ears from Epcot. And I got myself a Disney Cookbook. I opted for the book without pictures because it was $20 less, but now I wish I had gotten the other because it had food I had seen or tried on my visit. Lesson learned: next time spend MORE money.
We made it home at 11:30 pm. I was EXHAUSTED!!! Last night on a TV Show called The Modern Family a Dad was trying to get his wife to relax cause they were on vacation in Hawaii. She said to her husband "I'm a mom, this is a business trip for me". I feel that is so true. We take these vacations for our kids, though I had fun. I felt I was the activity director, meal coordinator, toddler-toter, and Security Guard for our little group. I now need a vacation from our vacation.
I think my work is done here.
10 comments:
Oh my gosh, that quote is SO TRUE!!! :)
I've loved your DW posts, love the pics!! So glad you got to go and had such a good time there!
Looks like you had a super fun trip! We waited in line forever for the dumbo ride too--everyone has to ride that ride at least once before they leave I think because it always has a super long line. And I loved your quote about mothers on vacation--definitely a ton of work, but so much fun--especially Disney. There is nothing better than seeing the magic on those sweet faces.
So glad you all had such a great time at Disney World. I agree with your last statement-sometimes after a vacation you need a real vacation!
I loved seeing all your Disney pictures!!! It makes me want to go back so bad. Glad you had fun! Great picture of Ella, poor girl worn out from all the fun.
Oh my goodness, what a fun trip!!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!! I remember you talking about how you wanted to do Disney World before you moved, and I'm so happy you got to do that! Looks like your kids were in heaven! I love the chocolate icecream faces...so messy but so cute. Have you left yet? I'm home now, am I too late? I would love to have you guys up for dinner or something. I'm not sure if you're even still here but we'd love to see you. I love your hair, by the way! Did you put red in it? I love it!
I can't believe dashle survived such a busy vacation. Looks like you guys had a blast.
I totally agree with the business trip comment. It's SO true! I don't remember what it's like to have a real vacation.
I'm glad you guys had a blast! (and really jealous, too)
What a trip!! Sounds like a lot of fun. Just in case you didn't know your kids are adorable. I can only imagine that their little faces all lit up made it all worth it.
Kaylee thinks it is funny that Ella is asleep and Amaya isn't. And I totally agree with your wuote too!
I Love your Disney stories and it makes me so excited to go!!!
Post a Comment