- We started our journey on my birthday, that sucked. I said good-bye to Cristina, Mary, and Rebecca.... oh the things we do for our husbands just because we like them the most. Ella and I started crying as soon as we got off the All-American. Ella said "I don't want to leave my friends". I said back "me either". I probably should have said something encouraging, but I wasn't feeling it at that moment. I just cried with her.
- We made it to Louisville that night.
- Made it to Hays, KS the next night. Thursday was a REALLY long day of driving.
- Friday we drove to Denver and got their for lunch time. We stopped to see Kade and Emily and waited for Kade to get off from work so we could all drive together to Utah. It was a nice break from the car. Too bad we had to get back in it that night.
- Saturday we drove down to Alton. That is the small- and I mean SMALL- town Shad's dad is from. We had a Roundy family reunion and really enjoyed seeing most of Shad's family and his cousins on that side.
- This same day Shad's grandmother on the other side passed away.
- Sunday we went into Bryce canyon to do some hiking, but I just wanted to get to Cedar so we didn't stay long.
- Sunday we finally arrived at my mom's, a place I knew our travels would end for a few days. That is a good feeling.
- Sunday night Shad and I went to his Grandmother's viewing.
- Monday we attended her funeral.
- The girls have been playing and playing with their cousins. We are surrounded with girl cousins and that makes it a lot of fun to see the family.
- It makes it a bit easier to be with my family so I don't think about what we left behind and what lies ahead.
- Do you want some pictures? Me too, I can't figure out how to get them on here, and I keep forgetting to ask Shad for help.
5 comments:
Oh Alison! I am so sorry about Shad's grandmother.
I hope the journey starts getting more fun for you and that the sadness gets a little less or at least easier to bear.
<3 you!
Darn. I wish I could be in Cedar to see you.
I'm glad you arrived safely! Kade asked me yesterday where Ella was...we love you guys!
I too wish you had pictures. And did Rice get to see his grandmother before she passed? What timing though that you guys were there for the viewing and funeral.
Happy Golden Birthday! Good luck with your journey to AK. So sorry about Mrs. Roundy's mom. Say hi to the C-Town!
Post a Comment